• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pointless guns

Glock 28. Same number of rounds and same size as G26. They can't be sold here, but why would anyone else in the world want to downgrade from a G26?

Don't know if it's true, but somebody at Glock once told me that it was intended for countries where you couldn't own a military caliber firearm.

Glock 28. Same number of rounds and same size as G26. They can't be sold here, but why would anyone else in the world want to downgrade from a G26?

They are sold where "military" calibers are illegal. Ie south and central America

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's true, but somebody at Glock once told me that it was intended for countries where you couldn't own a military caliber firearm.

They are sold where "military" calibers are illegal. Ie south and central America

Still a pointless gun IMO. Get a G27 or G33. One less round, but leaps and bounds ahead of .380. I'm almost certain there are no countries whose militaries use .357 SIG and not many that use .40

Have to disagree with the M&P/22 "tacticool" detractors. Had mine threaded. With the AAC Pilot and CCI Green Tag subsonic, I can dump 25 rnds in my subdivision back yard berm, and the loudest part is the bolt carrier and the brass hitting the deck and siding. Never had a malfuncition. Sticking to the topic, though, my Desert Eagle .44 was as useless as a fart in a space suit. Flames shooting eight feet in every direction with 185 gr ammo at the range seemed fun at first, till I realized that I automatically was the douchebag #1. Sold it and never looked back.

Have to disagree with the M&P/22 "tacticool" detractors. Had mine threaded. With the AAC Pilot and CCI Green Tag subsonic, I can dump 25 rnds in my subdivision back yard berm, and the loudest part is the bolt carrier and the brass hitting the deck and siding. Never had a malfuncition. Sticking to the topic, though, my Desert Eagle .44 was as useless as a fart in a space suit. Flames shooting eight feet in every direction with 185 gr ammo at the range seemed fun at first, till I realized that I automatically was the douchebag #1. Sold it and never looked back.
Yea I cant wait to put my sparrow on my CMMG 22lr AR. and yea it is not pointless at all, I can practice everything I do with my 22AR that I do with my big AR in my backyard without pissing people off a couple hundred yards away. Plus not many 22's have nice compact 25rd mags, affordable 50rd drums, plus free floated barrels, and the aftermarket options the 22lr AR does.

IMO-----I have never seen a pointless gun. I have shot some guns that I wasn't interested in, I have shot some guns that I did not like at all, I have shot guns that just didn't feel right, but I guess it is all a matter of opinion and personal preference. Everybody has their likes and dislikes.
For me I prefer large bore handguns 45acp and up. I also prefer large bore rifles anything above .223.
Why?, because I prefer one shot stopping power.
RE: Hunting: Nothing like tracking a bloody deer knowing you made a good (?) shot on it for 1 1/2 miles using a flashlight.
Solution: Head shot with a 45/70 = no tracking!
Personal Defense: Granted, some 38spl +P and 9mm critical defense etc etc will do the job, but, if he is wacked out on crack or only God knows what, I at least will have the opportunity to blow his knee off with my 45acp with critical defence ammo before he gets to me, just saying

968-Laxguy59:
Have fun with that. Its such a pain in the ass to get the can, I seems easier finding hosts to accomodate IT. The CMMG will be great. I initially bought a CZ452 with the factory threaded barrel after I bought the can. I can't explain it, as bolts are known to be the quietest of all, as all gas has to go through the can, but my M&P IS MUCH quieter. I've been told that the reason might be the higher velocity through the CZ and the resulting sound signature. I hope your results are good. I highly recommened CCI Green Tag as your ammo, if through the can. I have never had a failure; It is supposed to be match-grade; and even though it is subsonic, I've never had a FTF or any other problem. Hve fun!

968-Laxguy59:
Have fun with that. Its such a pain in the ass to get the can, I seems easier finding hosts to accomodate IT. The CMMG will be great. I initially bought a CZ452 with the factory threaded barrel after I bought the can. I can't explain it, as bolts are known to be the quietest of all, as all gas has to go through the can, but my M&P IS MUCH quieter. I've been told that the reason might be the higher velocity through the CZ and the resulting sound signature. I hope your results are good. I highly recommened CCI Green Tag as your ammo, if through the can. I have never had a failure; It is supposed to be match-grade; and even though it is subsonic, I've never had a FTF or any other problem. Hve fun!

I've been running CCI subs and they're great. I have a boatload of hosts ready. At the dealer the AR and mosquito were very quiet. My fv-sr will obviously be quiet as well, the 21a is the real wild card.

I've got an AR pistol, a 454 ruger alaskan and a 50 beowulf AR15 ... all of which are pretty much insane with no real need but still all alot of fun.

What's a gun, that may be cool, but you find to be absolutely pointless? In your opinion, of course. There's a couple on my list, but up at the top has to be the Taurus Judge/Smith Governor. I just can't bring myself to see the use of a .410 handgun. The guns are massive, low capacity, and expensive as balls (maybe not the Judge, but the governor is)..I have more but who cares..let's hear yours:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom