which makes the best barbecue, pork or beef

• Pork

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Beef

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Nutin better than Brisket done right. I will take Brisket over pork any day. As for the sauce, if you need sauce then the Q ain't no good. Sauce is there to cover up bad meat.

Pork!
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160509_888c6ee4add682bc17ac6cec22b30d19.jpg

And to answer the original post, if it isn't smoked pork it isn't BBQ.

Best I've ever had was my own of course. I have my own technic, make own rub, and sauce for the occaisional sandwich, but mostly prefer it served pulled and "dry"(no sauce). And have yet to have a restaurant Brunswick stew that beats mine according to my opinion and anyone that's tasted it.

Favorite BBQ restaurant is sprayberrys Newnan. But I'm a little biased since they're family...

Other favorites are north Ga bbq in helen, johnny's in gainesville, slopes in Cumming.

And everyone always hates this, but I've got to say fresh air was honestly one of the worst I've ever had. Meat was dry as could be, their sauce was terrible when I tried to use it to moisten the meat to make it edible. And their stew tasted like chunky veggie soup with BBQ sauce in it.

You had me right up until "Sprayberry's". That's all I'm gonna say about that; because a few others have already covered my opinion.

When I was stationed at Fort Hood, I ate the cooked beef that the Texans call BBQ; but I always missed real BBQ....you know, the kind that comes from a pig. Chicken Comer's here in Columbus is pretty good.

If anyone ever gets to Owensboro, KY, you might want to try a third option. Stop by Moonlight Barbeque and try some of their Mutton. Also, don't pass by their Burgoo. It is a stew similar to our Brunswick Stew....similar, but not the same. Owensboro has pork and beef BBQ; but the BBQ meat of choice has always been mutton in that area.

You had me right up until "Sprayberry's". That's all I'm gonna say about that; because a few others have already covered my opinion.

When I was stationed at Fort Hood, I ate the cooked beef that the Texans call BBQ; but I always missed real BBQ....you know, the kind that comes from a pig. Chicken Comer's here in Columbus is pretty good.

If anyone ever gets to Owensboro, KY, you might want to try a third option. Stop by Moonlight Barbeque and try some of their Mutton. Also, don't pass by their Burgoo. It is a stew similar to our Brunswick Stew....similar, but not the same. Owensboro has pork and beef BBQ; but the BBQ meat of choice has always been mutton in that area.
Fan of Chicken Comers... Like the hot

Back
Top Bottom