• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Posting a gun for sale/BOS

I hope that they would. I would walk away from a deal if required to do unnecessary BS paperwork. No problem doing it through an FFL.. thats the law... but if you think having my personal information on a worthless piece of paper is THAT improtant to you... go **** yourself. BOS means nothing. dont waste my time.. My GADL and GWP should be enough for you.

I think thats fair, and also set expectations on travel and how slow/fast you can meet would be helpful as well.

If you dont have a BOS how do you prove to the Popo that its yours if it ends up in their custody? I'm not trying to start an arguement, I am genuinely curious. Would you have to sue the LE department that has it? Or go back and prove/document ownership chain? Isnt there a law that says the Departments have to return guns as soon as possible? Are they hiding behind an administrative loophole? If you sued could you get it back without a bos or ownership chain?

I've got a few that I dont have BOS, didnt even track who I got them from and I dont want to have to worry about them, what do you guys that swear off BOS do to protect your property?

If you dont have a BOS how do you prove to the Popo that its yours if it ends up in their custody?

Do you carry a bill of sale for the watch your wear on your wrist? How do they prove that it isn't mine? If any of mine are taken I will sue to get them back if needs be...

If you buy a gun registered to me and there is no bill of sale and then it is used in a crime, Im screwed, and now have to jump through hoops to try and explain that i didn't do it, " i swear i sold it to another guy " "yeah right". There is nothing wrong with a BOS. How about if you want to buy a gun from someone, then ask them if they require a bill of sale. I should not have to post that in my add. Every gun i have ever sold has had a BOS on it, just to cover my A$$,

Back
Top Bottom