• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix standing rib roast-$6.99 lb

Just received the news that Publix is in the process of building a new store in Jasper..That's a lot closer for we who live up here..
I'm looking forward to it. I'm also surprised that there will be a Chick-fil-A next to it. I would have thought that the Ellijay Chick would be too close, but I guess that one is busy enough to justify one in Jasper.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm also surprised that there will be a Chick-fil-A next to it. I would have thought that the Ellijay Chick would be too close, but I guess that one is busy enough to justify one in Jasper.
Bride use to love them, I enjoyed picking up a gallon of their sweet tea ( Very Good ) but I quit going when they went woke.

Bride use to love them, I enjoyed picking up a gallon of their sweet tea ( Very Good ) but I quit going when they went woke.
hold on Chick fil a went WOKE....I thought they were being boycotted by the WOKE....I'm now confused. Woke...to be, or not to be....woke this....woke that...it's confusing...
So...you're saying they are now WOKE???

WELL!!!!....I tried to cut it all up....BUT...I lost control!!
plenty left for the grinder....AND a couple steaks for 2
20231217_080551.png
20231217_090241.png

Dropped off bambam bambam after the gun show yesterday and popped into Publix ( bambam bambam lives on the civilized side of Macongo where retailers can put stock out without too much fear of theft) to buy some coffee and decided to look at the meat case to see what might be on sale. Really nice standing rib roasts as posted, $6.99/lb, bought one for $44 and am excited to cook it for myself and my dad. It's been about 20 years since I cooked a roast.

I went to Kroger yesterday and took a look at their standing rib roasts for $6.97/lb. I was shocked at the lack of marbling. Of course, there was plenty of fat on the edges, but almost zero in the meat. It was graded as "Choice" but I swear it looked like "Select." I passed and will go back to Publix to get another of theirs. The other nitpicky thing about Kroger is their requirement to download their app and "clip" their digital coupon. Otherwise, it's $8.97/lb.

I went to Kroger yesterday and took a look at their standing rib roasts for $6.97/lb. I was shocked at the lack of marbling. Of course, there was plenty of fat on the edges, but almost zero in the meat. It was graded as "Choice" but I swear it looked like "Select." I passed and will go back to Publix to get another of theirs. The other nitpicky thing about Kroger is their requirement to download their app and "clip" their digital coupon. Otherwise, it's $8.97/lb.
Kroger routinely sells "Select" grade as "Choice" or Black Angus (a brand really, not a grade of beef). I'm convinced of it.

Haven't bought meat at Kroger in a couple of years. It's disgusting, especially in East Macongo at the North Ave. Kroger.

Back
Top Bottom