• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

putting a car on my wifes hand

Would you buy an upgrade diamond ring for the wife?

• Yes.I would do anything for her

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • No. I need to keep buying/ prepping for SHTF

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Spend all the money on an ODT taco fiesta

Votes: 45 40.2%

• Total voters
When the wife and I got engaged I didn't have much money because I had just bought a house and didn't have much left for a ring. After a few years past and I offered to buy her an upgrade, she refused it saying that the one I had originally given her meant more to her than any new larger diamond. I'm lucky that she's not materialistic at all, is not a shopper, etc. That's just not her.

My wife plans on keeping the original ring but wearing it on her other hand.

I wouldn't say my wife is materialistic. She doesnt care about clothes, cars or even purses. Pretty frugal with our money as we raise 3 kids.
But she wants her "dream" ring and I feel she should get.
I just think about what else I could do with the money.

I wouldn't say my wife is materialistic. She doesnt care about clothes, cars or even purses. Pretty frugal with our money as we raise 3 kids.
Get her the ring. She has put up with you for years and deserves it. Also, many happy nights in between the sheets is a added bonus.

My wife is also not materialistic and when I ask her what she wants for any of the typical gift giving holidays her response is always "Nothing, I have everything I could ever want". After 18yrs of marriage I went out and upgraded her one multiple diamond wedding ring to an engagement ring and a wedding band. I spent about $3000 and the smile on her face was priceless and worth every penny. For all that she does it was worth it!

Bro

3 kids... she's still with you... get her the ring.

The last few years my wife has been on the expensive purse kick. But they are nice and she uses each one.
She has always gotten a Coach for her birthday from her mom but her and my daughter are into them now like we are into guns. God help me!

Back
Top Bottom