Question- Why do you guys buy and deck out an AR?

Matt820xp

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
This thread is not intended to be offensive or belittle anyone's decision to purchase what they want- but rather I would really like to know why people buy them and sink so much money into accessories that have no real purpose other than CQB or maybe defending the Mall of GA from the roof top.

-I have carried and employed an M4 overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan on multiple deployments because I had to, and all we had attached to the thing was a Paq-4 IR laser and an ACOG. The same goes with the gear we wore- wear as little as possible to reduce weight and help eliminate snags when moving in tight spaces. When we were at Camp Victory in Baghdad, my buddy would call the troops who looked like a walking Blackhawk catalog "Gear Queers" and quite honestly the guys doing the job don't use all this tactical stuff.

-After having alot of experience with the .556 platform, you couldn't pay me to own one; but then that's my personal opinion.

My Main Question: What do yall do with these decked out AR's???????? Let's keep it clean and respect a grown man's decision to buy what he wants and I appreciate your comments.

LOL@gear queers. Same as mall ninjas?? haha

I am not personally a fan of dumping mega $$$$ into an AR. An inexpensive one often performs just as well.
Plain & simple is all I need....and honestly I dont really even 'need' that.

LOL.

Advertisers rule!!! They convince the weak minded in any market they need **** they won't use.

But hey, I'm TACTICAL!!!!!

It's a fair question, I just don't have a good answer that relates to mine.

I have a Spikes AR with some goodies that include a TA31 w/RMR. I shoot it maybe once a month or less.

Do I need all that $$ in a rifle/optic? Nope, but it looks cool, shoots great and makes me happy.

Boredom or filling a void in life or its just something to do for bragging rights.

Same reason guy trick out cars, stereo systems, a man cave at the house, the yard or whatever else is a money pit.

First of all Thanks For Your Service...

Secondly, you are not the first service member I heard say this after coming back...
-After having alot of experience with the .556 platform, you couldn't pay me to own one; but then that's my personal opinion.

so my question to you I guess is, what long gun would you own??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom