Question- Why do you guys buy and deck out an AR?

This thread is not intended to be offensive or belittle anyone's decision to purchase what they want- but rather I would really like to know why people buy them and sink so much money into accessories that have no real purpose other than CQB or maybe defending the Mall of GA from the roof top.

-I have carried and employed an M4 overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan on multiple deployments because I had to, and all we had attached to the thing was a Paq-4 IR laser and an ACOG. The same goes with the gear we wore- wear as little as possible to reduce weight and help eliminate snags when moving in tight spaces. When we were at Camp Victory in Baghdad, my buddy would call the troops who looked like a walking Blackhawk catalog "Gear Queers" and quite honestly the guys doing the job don't use all this tactical stuff.

-After having alot of experience with the .556 platform, you couldn't pay me to own one; but then that's my personal opinion.

My Main Question: What do yall do with these decked out AR's???????? Let's keep it clean and respect a grown man's decision to buy what he wants and I appreciate your comments.

www.fictionews.com_images_stories_45.jpg

What's your reason in disliking the .556 platform?

1. reliability issues with the receiver- we cleaned our weapons and mags almost everyday and still had malfunctions frequently- may be the weapon, may be the ammo
2. round was frequently ineffective- took many shots to neutralize a target-
3. Round will not penetrate near as good as a 7.62- lacks punch

Damn, I love you. And thanks.

I bought my first AR after the end of the first AWB. Always wanted one, but didn't buy one until I could buy one that wasn't neutered. Why? Because I could and it pissed of libtards. Since then, it's become my favorite gun to shoot. In many ways, the AR has become a symbol of our 2A rights. People often ask me, why do you need one of those? My answer, because I'm an American, I have a right to own it and I enjoy it.

Thank you for service!
I like the M4 platform because of capacity and weight. I agree that there are(better?) other platforms but I still will choose the 5.56. I keep just the bare minimum on my rifle.(flash light, H-1 red dot and Matech backup rear sight)
I hope I never actually NEED my rifle but I really do enjoy shooting it and I'm convinced that if I ever do need it then it will serve a great purpose.

First, let me say thank you for your service.

Now, That depends on what you mean by decked out? Fore grip, optic and BUIS? This would be just about it...IMO.

As for accessorizing...to each their own.

From a stand point of comparing deployment with a SHTF senecio, 3 gun competition or hunting; each one would require somewhat of a different set up on your platform.
For those who are carrying "extra" gear that are NOT active duty and not minimalist on their rigs, where's the "safety net"?
There is no helo medi vac, no drone, no field surgery center or 4 man fire team to cover you when it goes south...in my current world, so "gear" choice is paramount and its all personal preference.

Man I hope that makes sence..

First thanks for your service. I belive there is a huge difference in reliability between what the military uses (manufactured by the lowest bidder) and ammo is the same cheap stuff and is not the same as what is available in the civilian market . I agree the m14 weapon system is better but i built myself and my old lady an ar for what a nice m14 goes for and she could not weild a m14. the 6 position stock all the way collapsed is about right for her length of pull.

This thread is not intended to be offensive or belittle anyone's decision to purchase what they want- but rather I would really like to know why people buy them and sink so much money into accessories that have no real purpose other than CQB or maybe defending the Mall of GA from the roof top.

-I have carried and employed an M4 overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan on multiple deployments because I had to, and all we had attached to the thing was a Paq-4 IR laser and an ACOG. The same goes with the gear we wore- wear as little as possible to reduce weight and help eliminate snags when moving in tight spaces. When we were at Camp Victory in Baghdad, my buddy would call the troops who looked like a walking Blackhawk catalog "Gear Queers" and quite honestly the guys doing the job don't use all this tactical stuff.

-After having alot of experience with the .556 platform, you couldn't pay me to own one; but then that's my personal opinion.

My Main Question: What do yall do with these decked out AR's???????? Let's keep it clean and respect a grown man's decision to buy what he wants and I appreciate your comments.

For the same reason when we were kids you would take a baseball card and attach it to you bike wheel with a clothes pin. LOL

Back
Top Bottom