• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Regretted Selling Gun, Later Bought Another?

Boomer Mike

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
3   0
Reaction score
Have you ever sold a gun that you regretted selling so much that you later hunted down another one and bought it at a higher price? Two come to mind for me--a Beretta M1934 pistol in .380, and a Walther P-38/P1 from 1962. I paid about $125.00 for the Beretta and $210.00 for the Walther both in 1989, but needed money a year later and had to sell them. I finally got around to replacing them several years ago with examples in much better condition. Prices had gone way up by then, and I paid $450.00 for the Beretta and $400.00 for the Walther. Glad I purchased when I did, because prices on those have now more than doubled.

1779.jpg

Have you ever sold a gun that you regretted selling so much that you later hunted down another one and bought it at a higher price? Two come to mind for me--a Beretta M1934 pistol in .380, and a Walther P-38/P1 from 1962. I paid about $125.00 for the Beretta and $210.00 for the Walther both in 1989, but needed money a year later and had to sell them. I finally got around to replacing them several years ago with examples in much better condition. Prices had gone way up by then, and I paid $450.00 for the Beretta and $400.00 for the Walther. Glad I purchased when I did, because prices on those have now more than doubled.

1779.jpg

One could say "the value has gone way up"…. but what is more the case (these days) is the value of the dollar has gone way down…. like the house my parents bought new in 1955 for $15k that Zillow says would now bring $600k….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did this with airweight j frames and Glock 26. I lost count. I have now sworn to myself that even if I plan to never ever shoot either of these again I will not get rid of them. I like to buy high and sell low.

I wish I had not sold a S&W 19-5 snub 13 years ago. I sold it because my dad had a 19-4 that I would one day wind up with. Unfortunately someone got it before he passed so I live with the urge of wishing I had the one I bought.

I've sold and repurchased the same gun on numerous occasions. probably almost a dozen times. We're talking same exact model configuration not broad model name. Otherwise I could not tell you how many 10/22s or mark 3s I bought and sold and bought again. The most notable/prolific configuration specific models that I'm on round 3 of repurchasing are the S&W 627 Performance Center and Kimber Raptor II Pro. Those are ones that I bought and held for a year or two then sold. Then missed their beauty, bought both of them again, held for a year or so and sold again. Taking a financial hit each time. Now I miss them again, so I will buy both a third time. Same freaking model/config. This time I'll tell myself not to get rid of them a 3rd time. I've shot my first 627 when I got it. Never shot the 2nd one I owned. Will shoot and keep the 3rd. Never shot either or the Kimber Raptor Pros, before I sold them. 3rd time I'll shoot and keep. Come to think of it, I've never even shot a Kimber in my life and I've owned half a dozen.

trade? Have purchased 7 Walther p22's in 15 years and sold 6... its the first one to go if I needed cash...

I have always purchased a new captured recoil spring and the thread adapter...
Usually polished the feed ramp as well.

Yours could possibly be one of the 6 I have owned...

Currently I am missing a barrel wrench...

I am hoping to keep this one... I do miss the original green one I had it ran like a champ...

Secondly a S&W model 60. I have gone through 4 or 5... I have the 3" 60-14 performance center 357 and refer to it as the gun i will never sell...

Oddly I almost traded it last night for a 686 Combat but didn't like the reviews and held off.

all of them? I feel like anything that's a keeper at this point I have rebought enough times to learn my lesson. It's rare something doesn't pass through my hands once or twice before I really decide that it's a keeper and find the best example possible.

I did this with airweight j frames and Glock 26. I lost count. I have now sworn to myself that even if I plan to never ever shoot either of these again I will not get rid of them. I like to buy high and sell low.

I wish I had not sold a S&W 19-5 snub 13 years ago. I sold it because my dad had a 19-4 that I would one day wind up with. Unfortunately someone got it before he passed so I live with the urge of wishing I had the one I bought.
Guilty…

Back
Top Bottom