• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Regretted Selling Gun, Later Bought Another?

I did this with airweight j frames and Glock 26. I lost count. I have now sworn to myself that even if I plan to never ever shoot either of these again I will not get rid of them. I like to buy high and sell low.

I wish I had not sold a S&W 19-5 snub 13 years ago. I sold it because my dad had a 19-4 that I would one day wind up with. Unfortunately someone got it before he passed so I live with the urge of wishing I had the one I bought.

This is the way lol. When they said they were gonna start going after people flipping guns for a living I was thinking fine by me if I can itemize my losses on firearms transactions

I've regretted selling nearly every gun and vehicle I've ever sold. I fortunately haven't regretted selling my house of 35yrs so far.
Houses just become money pits after a while. For guns and other things we end up selling, it's because we need the money and really don't want to sell them, or we think we've lost interest and "will never miss that one". I have lots of different hobbies and have found that interest in any one of them is cyclical. Something you've lost interest in will suddenly become the focus of your life in a few years. If you can, just put the things away in a closet. You'll thank yourself for not getting rid of whatever it is years from now...

Back
Top Bottom