• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolvers

211944C8-ED71-49BD-BB53-9695ECE8533B.jpeg

NRA's "American Rifleman" for August 2020
had an article about revolvers vs. semiautos for daily concealed carry.
The author says revolvers have a slight edge, especially for beginners (as contrasted with serious hardcore shooters) because of their simple operation.
He acknowledges they have less ammo capacity than semis, but says this factor is outweighed by the simplicity, ruggedness, and better concealability of a small-frame snubby revolver.

HOWEVER, the author (Wiley Clapp) didn't address the fact that
1-- most small revolvers come with pathetic, small, dull colored fixed sights,
whereas the sights on most compact semi-autos are bigger, easier to see and acquire a quick sight picture, and (for some popular models) can be swapped-out for upgraded sights with colored dots or underlines, glowing green night sights, etc.

2-- Clapp also ignored the fact that many modern semi-auto defensive pistols have smoother, lighter, and shorter trigger pulls than a small-frame revolver. This makes a big difference in practical accuracy, shooting fast, ESPECIALLY if you have to shoot one-handed.

New revolver sales will slow to nothing and they'll disappear from stores when the current boomer generation of Fudds dies off and are no longer able to expouse their wisdom to the little ladies looking to buy their first gun.

New revolver sales will slow to nothing and they'll disappear from stores when the current boomer generation of Fudds dies off and are no longer able to expouse their wisdom to the little ladies looking to buy their first gun.

Hey, hey ,hey....I just stitched up an IWB rig for my J Frame Models 31 and 36. You've dashed my hopes now.......

Yeah, and you will probably be first in line at the estate sale to buy the old revolvers.

Back
Top Bottom