• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sen Staton says yeah he stopped SB101 and is ready to Kill HB875, But he's a gun guy

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/03/08/its-deja-vu-all-over-again-on-campus-carry/

Without Staton’s support, the gun bill could go nowhere. And Staton had disappeared from the chamber. “I was busy,” a bespectacled Staton said this week. “So, yeah, I played a major role in stopping that bill last year.”

Perhaps more important, four Senate Republicans have announced they will not be running for re-election: Majority Leader Ronnie Chance of Tyrone, Tim Golden of Valdosta, John Crosby of Tifton – and Cecil Staton.
Three of the departing senators haven’t publicly indicated where they are on HB 875. But Staton has no qualms.
He collects guns. He considers himself a Second Amendment enthusiast. “But I also have a son in college. And the campus-carry thing, frankly, just made no sense to me,” Staton said. “And I don’t think it makes much sense to most Georgians — Republicans or Democrats. Especially mothers. They don’t want to think of their kids walking across the campus in Athens and seeing students with guns on their hips.”

Senators will try to find a path that avoids a repeat of last year’s tense House-Senate negotiations. But if there is another conference committee, Staton says he stands ready.
“I’ve certainly made it known that I’m willing to serve in that role,” he said. “I’m not running for re-election.”

What can Staton do? Did they every reach an agreement for the $53,000 owed the school system by his company. Not that would influence him.....

Heating up on the AJC. Links embedded http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/640074-Heating-up-on-the-AJC

Same crap he pulled last year to get it killed- add poison pill amendment's that stand no chance of passing the house then, when against the odds, the conference committee reaches a compromise you leave chambers so it can't be voted on. (You then of course blame everyone else for its failure)

Same crap he pulled last year to get it killed- add poison pill amendment's that stand no chance of passing the house then, when against the odds, the conference committee reaches a compromise you leave chambers so it can't be voted on. (You then of course blame everyone else for its failure)

That was Senator Ginn that added the pill, Stanton (I call him the runner) ran out so that the bill would not make it through the night. Casey Cagle allowed him to leave, my understanding is that's not common protocol and Casey probably was involved as well.

Staton and Ginn are not on Judiciary Non-Civil Committee reviewing the bill currently.

Last edited:
Staton and Ginn are both ****ing duck hunters who are opposed to anyone owning anything other than Beretta over and under shotguns and other guns with a "sporting purpose".

Staton and Ginn are both ****ing duck hunters who are opposed to anyone owning anything other than Beretta over and under shotguns and other guns with a "sporting purpose".

i find the ar15 is perfect for sport shooting, and instead of having 2-8 rounds you have 30 rounds

That was Senator Ginn that added the pill, Stanton (I call him the runner) ran out so that the bill would not make it through the night. Casey Cagle allowed him to leave, my understanding is that's not common protocol and Casey probably was involved as well.

Staton and Ginn are not on Judiciary Non-Civil Committee reviewing the bill currently.

I stand corrected- thanks for info. It's upsetting to think that a handfull of senators can derail something by not letting it get to a vote.

Back
Top Bottom