• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

Mission accomplished. That is the direction we are being hearded. No more gas guzzlers, no more guns. If you can't pass your agenda legislatively, outprice the People.

my grand marquis will continue to go on the road, it gets about 22 mpg(more if i feather foot it), about at least 100k left in its life and had trunk space to fit an large metal drum.

Well ISIS is over running Iraqi oil fields as we speak so.........

Those oil fields mainly supply Iraq's internal fuel needs.
If anyone is wanting to pay $10.00 a gallon for gas then they should move to Iraq. I am sure it will be close to that if it isn't already.

He doesn't care about the working man. He's a liberal elitist. $10/gallon gas is good for you, peasant!
I want $15 a gallon gas just to prove that people in this country would sit back and accept it just like everything else. Or, oooooh, maybe they might vote for the "right" candidate that'll get it reduced to $14.50 a gallon.

Last I herd the oil companies made a 2 billion dollar profit last year, and gas is around 4 bucks a gallon. Why do they need to make more money?

Multinational companies make 2 billion. YOUR GOVERNMENT makes at least 10-12 billion off of the same gas.
Who is really raping the consumer?
You want them to make less profit? Start riding a bicycle.
There is no reason a company should not make a profit.

I want $15 a gallon gas just to prove that people in this country would sit back and accept it just like everything else. Or, oooooh, maybe they might vote for the "right" candidate that'll get it reduced to $14.50 a gallon.
:p

The U.S. consumes about 135 Billion gallons of gas a year. When Bammy got elected the national average was I believe $1.79. It is now about $3.79. The average for Bammy's term is less, around $3.29 but I'm always reminded of how GAS PRICES were the SINGLE BIGGEST ISSUE running up to the November 2008 elections. The media was 24/7 about the horrors of $4/gallon gas and how it was affecting "middle America" and... it was ALL the president's fault. Since then, not a single peep. An increase of $1.50 a gallon (and rising) over 4+ years and 135b gallons a year is $810,000,000,000 sucked out of HOUSEHOLD incomes and nothing is said. We're probably at a trillion now and rising fast. Now THAT is what I call economic recovery...

Last I herd the oil companies made a 2 billion dollar profit last year, and gas is around 4 bucks a gallon. Why do they need to make more money?
it's all a matter of scale. Do you know how much capital they have invested to make that profit? They are no where near the most profitable industry. Not even close.
Not sure when profit became such a dirty word....

Back
Top Bottom