• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Glocks at 150 Yards

Nice video, have not attempted to shoot my Glock at 150, what grain were you using with the suppressor, 147 grain?
yeah i was shooting 147 grain freedom munitions reloads. I had 2 light strikes and a bunch of misses I edited out lol. It baffles me how much softer 147 grain shoots than 115 grain.

** the trees on both sides makes everything louder, but the water proof "action" case muffles shots. Shooting the super sonic 115 loads were way louder out there than when we are in the back yard with a big opening.

How much of a learning curve using a RMR for quick acquisition shots
Honestly I've been shooting the same way for about 4 years now. Boxer/Combat stance, draw from the 3, extend elbows out don't lock and squeeze. With irons I've done thousands of dry fire drills. With irons I've fired this way training EVERYTIME I shoot, no wasted movements no wasted ammo. Having said that it took me a mag before I was really dropping into the dot. 4 mags later I was destroying targets and making solid repeatable hits on man sized targets at 25y with respectable groups fast. It came very naturally to me, but I've been running red dot/holo type sights since Iraq 04/5 and learned the both eyes open look beyond the weapon quick. Some guys (my dad) struggle to find it with poor modified weaver stance and poor fundamentals in general. If you've been training to shoot combat style for awhile you'll pick it up quick. Ignore the dot, acquire irons as usual and the dot will appear. Squeeze when you see and don't chase it. It made me faster the first session I ran it and I've been shooting everyday with it since I got it. Better and better and better. Love it.

Don't blame you on the ammo, have Gold Dot for my 9mm's but have not shot it in 357 Sig. May have to try some to compare, either way I think Sig does a great job with recoil control in all my pistols which is ironic with everyone always talking about low bore axis

You want to try out some 125grn Gold Dot and 100grn frangible, I'll give you some for free.

Honestly I've been shooting the same way for about 4 years now. Boxer/Combat stance, draw from the 3, extend elbows out don't lock and squeeze. With irons I've done thousands of dry fire drills. With irons I've fired this way training EVERYTIME I shoot, no wasted movements no wasted ammo. Having said that it took me a mag before I was really dropping into the dot. 4 mags later I was destroying targets and making solid repeatable hits on man sized targets at 25y with respectable groups fast. It came very naturally to me, but I've been running red dot/holo type sights since Iraq 04/5 and learned the both eyes open look beyond the weapon quick. Some guys (my dad) struggle to find it with poor modified weaver stance and poor fundamentals in general. If you've been training to shoot combat style for awhile you'll pick it up quick. Ignore the dot, acquire irons as usual and the dot will appear. Squeeze when you see and don't chase it. It made me faster the first session I ran it and I've been shooting everyday with it since I got it. Better and better and better. Love it.
I've use Aim points on my Ar's and got used to both eyes open, just seems like I would still try and pick up my sights on the pistol

You want to try out some 125grn Gold Dot and 100grn frangible, I'll give you some for free.
Sure, I would be glad to try some out, really like the 357 Sig round, found some Ultramax reloads that are good for practice and decent price, seems the defensive rounds are about the same as others, just target rounds run a lot higher

IMG_4556.JPG
I've use Aim points on my Ar's and got used to both eyes open, just seems like I would still try and pick up my sights on the pistol
Just catch those irons fast like usual and the dot lolly pops right on top

That is to cool. I'd love to try that with a revolver.

Since the average Smith Revolver is capable of BETTER Mechanical Accuracy than the average Glock, it is certainly possible...About twenty years ago--Back when I could still SEE--I participated in an NRA-style Hunter's Pistol Silhouette Match--Half-Scale Silhouettes at 25, 50, 75 & 100 meters--I went 7 outta' 10 on the Rams @ 100 Meters first time thru with my trusty Six-inch 586 & CCI Lawman 158-gr. TMJ .38 Plus-P's--LOTSA' fun, but the time-of-flight was DISCONCERTING, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom