• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So when thou sayeth, "I'll take it"...

I am getting so very tired of those that say, 'I will take it!', we set a date and time, I mark the ad, "SPM", I arrange my schedule and then... the night before, I get a PM and text saying, 'I had a "financial situation" come up and now I can't buy from you'. Dear lord, if you can't afford to buy something, don't tell me you can!!! Don't make the offer. This is not a hard concept!!! In recent multiple cases, it has been 'newbies'. I guess I should know better, but I tried to give them a chance. I have been on ODT for a few years and these are the first 'times' this has happened. Maybe I have just been lucky. Coincidence or product of the new breed of people getting on ODT from other sites? I hope it is just a string of bad luck. And by the way, I want to Neg them, but technically they are letting me know before I leave to meet them... so, at least I am not on my way or sitting at the meet spot. It is usually a few hours before, so my schedule is jacked up, but....
I am venting, and frustrated, so there it is. Probably off to the 'Pasture'. :mad:
Maybe vet out your prospective buyers a little more to make sure they are worthy of buying your items. Just a thought.

"I'll take it" means we have a deal, and I promise to buy it if you make yourself reasonably available for a meeting to trade the items or the item for the cash. "I'll take it" doesn't mean I'm interested only on this contingency or that contingency.
If you agree to buy something and suddenly your kid gets sick and you have to pay $200 at a medical clinic and then a pharmacy taking care of your kid's flu, and you can't afford to buy the item you promised to by, ASK the seller permission to back out of the deal. Offer to scan and send a copy of the receipt or something to back up your story. You don't have a "right" to back out of the deal without any consequences, but maybe the seller will give you that indulgence, and be understanding.
Otherwise, expect negative feedback.

I like when I make a deal with someone but they can't meet til next week....

And then, damnit, their kids car breaks down and they don't have any gun money left over to make our deal.

Wtf?!

:rant:

That's why I try to meet IMMEDIATELY after a deal is struck so they don't have time for something to "come up."

You don't get to have a "financial situation" after commitment. Once you say "I'll take it" that money is spent or at least that is how it is supposed to work.

It is your obligation to the rest of the trading community to give this guy a negative so we don't get blindsided by the same asshole.

BTW "Financial situation" is code for "wife said no".

Back
Top Bottom