• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Subcompact issue. Tips?

Favorite choice?

• Total voters
Before I sold my 43, I carried it with the pinky extension. It still had more muzzle flip than I would have liked, but it is a subcompact gun and that's to be expected. I had an XDS too, and liked it but just a little too large for an EDC for me. Use what works for you.

Fwiw, the lc9 comes with a pinky extension and I found that it was a pretty nice setup. I have a shield now and it's not as nice

I'm 6'4" and my summer EDC is a Glock 42, so yeah, the grip is a bit small and hard to keep hold of.

A simple Hogue slip on universal grip solves the problem. Trim to size and done.

654041.jpg

THIS

I have one on my lil' LCP and it absolutely transforms the way it feels when you shoot it.

20170904_113136.jpg
talon grips are a sticky/grip tape that is very easy to install and very durable. It looks kinda like "stipple job" but does not damage your frame. It gives better traction for some people on small pistols. Tractiongrips.com and its free shipping. Good sub 20 bucks addition.

Also as mentioned, the strike +2 are reliable, look factory and you can shoot rapid fire much easier with them
20170904_113310.jpg
another thing that really helps (not sarcastic) is range time. Just shoot it a lot and you will get more of a feel for it and it starts to feel more tame in your hand but these 2 options mentioned will help.

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to grip a G42/43 or S&W Shield during multiple shots? I want a single stack, but can't get enough purchase on the tiny grip. Only one that I could shoot confidently right off the bat was the XDS 9. I know there are rough grip panels and such, but haven't tried them out. Tips? Hints? What do y'all do?

Do u currently own any of these subcompact pistols?

+1 on both the strike +2 extenders and the "more range time" comments

The extenders work great and look pretty clean!

The answer to most peoples problems with any firearm is more range time. If you don't own any of these pistols that will be harder but if you found one you like (the XDS) buy it an try it out for a couple of months. If you dont like it, sell it. You may lose some money but you will have gained experience.

The best gun for you is the one you shoot well! I am partial to my kimber ultra carry for this very reason, I shoot it well.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom