• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Super Tactical Police

Ginen the Latino gangs in Hall I am surprizes they dont' drive Mraps w/ 50's mounted for cruisers and wear full armor w//ballistic helmets.

I saw a Conyers pd pull someone over for speeding in a marked patrol car. He was wearing black and gray urban camo, with a black plate carrier, and lots of tactical crap. It teed me off watching it, there is no need. It seems lots of police like talking about how much the world has changed, it has. It's lots safer than it was in the seventies and eighties. This us versus them attitude that's cultivated is no good for cops or the rest of us.

One of the most offensive things I hear now is when I hear a police officer refer to someone as a civilian. You are a civilian too. No one should forget it.

I saw a Conyers pd pull someone over for speeding in a marked patrol car. He was wearing black and gray urban camo, with a black plate carrier, and lots of tactical crap. It teed me off watching it, there is no need. It seems lots of police like talking about how much the world has changed, it has. It's lots safer than it was in the seventies and eighties. This us versus them attitude that's cultivated is no good for cops or the rest of us.

One of the most offensive things I hear now is when I hear a police officer refer to someone as a civilian. You are a civilian too. No one should forget it.

I agree with that, I don't see the need for essentially a traffic cop to dress down like a delta operator. I fully understand the need for bullet proof vests and basic protection, but I don't see the need to dress the part of something you're not.

I agree with that, I don't see the need for essentially a traffic cop to dress down like a delta operator. I fully understand the need for bullet proof vests and basic protection, but I don't see the need to dress the part of something you're not.

So just for clarification, you're saying a traffic stop can't turn into something dangerous where any kind of "tacticool" gear would be needed? There have never been occasions where a LEO stopped a car for a "simple" violation, and was fired upon? I'm glad to so many experts who know better than us that do this for living, can tell us how we should perform and dress for our duties.

OK what if their next stop is a family looking load of plainclothes assemilated Al Queda, cell looking for a soft target, the cop in his polyester and 9mm Glock with a Level II vest wouldn't stop their Krinkov 7.62 rounds. Then after vetilating him, the mall or playround would be laid waste. Is this what you'd prefer over seeing a LEO protected from whatever he may encounter?
I was a LEO in the 70's and even back then a freaking wheelgun wasn't enough and vests weren't in use then either, many a LEO bit the dust due to being outgunned, enough of that, they protect us now, so let them be as protected as possible and able to outgun & outshoot their adversaries.

Last edited:
OK what if their next stop is a family looking load of plainclothes assemilated Al Queda, cell looking for a soft target, the cop in his polyester and 9mm Glock with a Level II vest wouldn't stop their Krinkov 7.62 rounds. Then after vetilating him, the mall or playround would be laid waste. Is this what you'd prefer over seeing a LEO protected from whatever he may encounter?
I was a LEO in the 70's and even back then a freaking wheelgun wasn't enough and vests weren't in use then either, many a LEO bit the dust due to being outgunned, enough of that, they protect us now, so let them be as protected as possible and able to outgun & outshoot their adversaries.
Can you cite an instance this happened in Main Street, USA ? Not saying it can't happen...never said LEO can't wear anything they want... All I've stated was I think it looks intimidating. IMO that is what some may be looking for...an intimidation factor. Are you saying that dosent happen at all? There aren't any LEO out there that don't get a hard on putting on a badge, dressing in full regalia and patrolling the streets looking for thugs and badmen along with the plain clothes AL QUEDA cell ? Lol...some of these comments ( including mine) are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom