Super Tactical Police

So just for clarification, you're saying a traffic stop can't turn into something dangerous where any kind of "tacticool" gear would be needed? There have never been occasions where a LEO stopped a car for a "simple" violation, and was fired upon? I'm glad to so many experts who know better than us that do this for living, can tell us how we should perform and dress for our duties.
It happens, but how often? Of the times it has happened, how often would have- urban camo versus striped pants and a blue dress shirt, retention holster on the belt versus drop thigh holster, Kevlar under the shirt versus molle plate carrier over the shirt- made a difference? It's the US versus them culture that the police seem to instill in their officers now that I have a problem with. You aren't an occupying force, you are a public safety officer serving the community he's a part of.

Has anyone else noticed the increase of "tactical" style uniform pieces for your local LE? Here in hall county today I personally witnessed 11 officers that were driving marked units but they weren't wearing noticeable(or recognizable) county uniforms that we're all used to. They were wearing khaki operator pants black polo shirts and FDE molle plate carriers.I'm not bashing LEO on here, wearing a tinfoil hat or looking to stir **** up....I'm honestly just curious as to why they need those articles of equipment that I thought was for SWAT or similar units(these guys are regular deputies, my brother in law is one of them). Any thoughts?
Probably going to training, sometimes the answer is real simple.

Can you cite an instance this happened in Main Street, USA ? Not saying it can't happen...never said LEO can't wear anything they want... All I've stated was I think it looks intimidating. IMO that is what some may be looking for...an intimidation factor. Are you saying that dosent happen at all? There aren't any LEO out there that don't get a hard on putting on a badge, dressing in full regalia and patrolling the streets looking for thugs and badmen along with the plain clothes AL QUEDA cell ? Lol...some of these comments ( including mine) are ridiculous.
Do you REALLY think it can't or won't happen here? While you're at it let's guess which city it will happen at so there is no need for cops to wear protective equipment.Oh yeah, OSHA has a say in some of it as well.

Do you REALLY think it can't or won't happen here? While you're at it let's guess which city it will happen at so there is no need for cops to wear protective equipment.Oh yeah, OSHA has a say in some of it as well.

I would guess this would satisfy OSHA standards without the tacicool factor.

_62970023_waterbottlecop624getty.jpg

It is hard to pretend that style has nothing to do with it.

So just for clarification, you're saying a traffic stop can't turn into something dangerous where any kind of "tacticool" gear would be needed? There have never been occasions where a LEO stopped a car for a "simple" violation, and was fired upon? I'm glad to so many experts who know better than us that do this for living, can tell us how we should perform and dress for our duties.

Nope, you didn't get any clarification in there at all.....notice how I stated I could see the need for bulletproof vests and basic equipment(utility belts with all your goodies) that can handle situations perfectly fine. If you feel like you need to get up and put on "urban" camo, blouse your pants over your boots, and attach your penis extender to your MOLLE plate carrier then by all means, knock yourself out.

Most of the officers around here running around with plate carriers aren't getting any more protection than their duty vest. Some of these 5'8" 300 pound officers look like babies wearing bibs with their plate carriers on....now you tell me which would be better protection.

Until you've been there and done that, try not to be so judgmental. Like I've said before...on any day of the week as an LEO you don't know what you'll have to run to or run from. A "routine" welfare check or traffic stop can turn into a situation where you're forced to "run&gun". And believe it or not it happens more than you may believe. Take just a second and check out youtube. Look for "officer shot during traffic stop" and maybe it'll shed a little light on what seems excessive in your opinion. Concealable ballistic vests are VERY restricting and limit your range of motion. Most LEO pray they don't have to draw that weapon and use deadly force BUT if and when your @$$ is on the line. It's mighty handy being able to get your weapon out and on target before the "bad guy " -who will more than likely have the drop on you- changes your haircut. If obtaining this edge by adopting a "unconventional" uniform intimidates a few people. Then in my humble opinion it's a small price to pay to help insure that a officer makes it home. THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS!

Until you've been there and done that, try not to be so judgmental. Like I've said before...on any day of the week as an LEO you don't know what you'll have to run to or run from. A "routine" welfare check or traffic stop can turn into a situation where you're forced to "run&gun". And believe it or not it happens more than you may believe. Take just a second and check out youtube. Look for "officer shot during traffic stop" and maybe it'll shed a little light on what seems excessive in your opinion. Concealable ballistic vests are VERY restricting and limit your range of motion. Most LEO pray they don't have to draw that weapon and use deadly force BUT if and when your @$$ is on the line. It's mighty handy being able to get your weapon out and on target before the "bad guy " -who will more than likely have the drop on you- changes your haircut. If obtaining this edge by adopting a "unconventional" uniform intimidates a few people. Then in my humble opinion it's a small price to pay to help insure that a officer makes it home. THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS!

Dude, I can't even think about taking anything you write seriously with your screen name. Sorry.

I apologize. You are right. There is no middle ground. I accept now that the militarization of the police must continue or the highways will be lined with the bodies of dead cops in slacks and buttoned up shirts.

Boy, straw men are easy to debate. I see why they keep getting picked on.

Back
Top Bottom