• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Tactical Police

Flammenwerfer

Default rank <4500 posts
Úlfhéthnar
61   0
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the increase of "tactical" style uniform pieces for your local LE? Here in hall county today I personally witnessed 11 officers that were driving marked units but they weren't wearing noticeable(or recognizable) county uniforms that we're all used to. They were wearing khaki operator pants black polo shirts and FDE molle plate carriers.

I'm not bashing LEO on here, wearing a tinfoil hat or looking to stir **** up....I'm honestly just curious as to why they need those articles of equipment that I thought was for SWAT or similar units(these guys are regular deputies, my brother in law is one of them).

Any thoughts?

Has anyone else noticed the increase of "tactical" style uniform pieces for your local LE? Here in hall county today I personally witnessed 11 officers that were driving marked units but they weren't wearing noticeable(or recognizable) county uniforms that we're all used to. They were wearing khaki operator pants black polo shirts and FDE molle plate carriers.

I'm not bashing LEO on here, wearing a tinfoil hat or looking to stir **** up....I'm honestly just curious as to why they need those articles of equipment that I thought was for SWAT or similar units(these guys are regular deputies, my brother in law is one of them).

Any thoughts?

I am curious as well. My cousin is the head sheriff of Hall County...might need to give him a call and catch up/ask...maybe they just wanna be "tacticool" ;)

They may have been going to training or a special detail. I know some departments have been going to less "dressy" uniforms for cost cutting (more durable so they have to be replaced less) and comfort.

For what it's worth, I wear 5.11 "tactical" pants at work as an EMT.

I'm on a specialized street unit and that's our uniform... Minus the MOLLE vest. The outer vests are better cooling and modular. Has nothing to do with intimidation. The cargos are to offset the lack of pockets on the vest. I don't ever recall a point in history where khaki was considered "intimidating"

Last edited:
A majority of COBB county PD wears military style uniforms, even in the normal marked cruiser. If I'm wrong by saying "majority" I must have only seen the ones that do wear them, versus the ones that wear traditional police uniforms. I don't think I EVER encountered a MARIETTA PD LEO that was not wearing the "black fatigues" . I believe it is an intimidation tactic and don't think it's necessary. Today's police officer has changed a lot, first impression is everything....it use to be a polite, well dressed, well mannered police officer that you encountered in a FTF scenario. Now it seems that it is a military look, authority toned, demanding, solder type of "enforcement officer" that one encounters.
Not all are like this, lately it seems there are more than not though. JMO

Why do most other countries cop cars have bright colors and checkers all over them to be easily spotted if you need them for help ? But here in the US most cop cars are dark and subdued for stealth to catch you doing something ? You can't make this stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom