• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters
All I'm suggesting is the Truth of the "FREQUENCY of the Rumor" is not Rumor, ...It's FACT.
They more than others have problems beyond the scope of normal issues in the market. ....It's actually Astronomical FYI.
But hey, if all you wanna go polish that, go right ahead. Polish that shiny thing, I don't have anything to gain by sharing with what I see, but maybe someone loves there family enough to not risk the "FREQUENCY of issues", like I said "Quality Control" is OUTTA' CONTROL!!
I don't care what you carry, or what you trust in.
But surely the Wild eye Shady dude asking for the Turd will surely get it, just maybe I gave the good guy better odds when they are attacked by the Turd go getters or the SDVE line LMAO.

and im saying your one desk does not mean anything when it comes to real world FRQUENCY. your desk may get several Taurus's anothers desk gets a couple of rugers. are rugers now also turds? what about kimbers? what about any gun as they all have ones come across someones desk. and in the FULL market its been shown that they are very reliable. but it seems you are determined to believe YOUR experiences below negate an entire industries comments so you must know the best. just the fact that you called their issues astronomical is comical in and of itself. but again you know better than EVERYONE else.

but your assuming your numbers are the end all be all. just the fact that 95% of folks on here can only say good things about them should make you consider why your opinion is in the 5%. just because you've had some come across your desk doesn't make it a trend. all you have to do is look online and see that the actual numbers are extremely favorable in Taurus's favor but let me guess, all of those folks is wrong cause they not an awesome gun shop worker.
I looked online and all I see are exploded guns and lawsuits.

if that's what your looking for then yes, the original line had several issues. but this is a discussion about the g2 which does not share the same issue.

Those seem to be ok for the most part but they've had issues too. It's probably the best new gun you can buy for $200, but I wouldn't trust one just because a guy on YouTube put 10,000 rounds through his. Taurus has well known quality control issues, my biggest concern would be the quality of metal parts used. I'm sure they've fixed the design flaws, but that's it. You don't have to be a metallurgy expert to realize the barrel in the g2 is made out of Brazilian pot metal.

Coming in seemingly late to this thread. We are talking about Taurus handguns, Taurus cars, titty slapping, Taco eating, the importance of not buying inexpensive cheese, lawsuits, gun salesmen who either know or don't know what they are talking about. Husbands who may or may not have purchased a Taurus for their wife so that she looses appendages when firing it. AND Glock KaBooms.

What an interesting and eclectic bunch of topics all located in one thread.

Let me say this. I currently own two Taurus products. Both are revolvers. One is a stainless steel .38 snubby the other a Titanium Ultra Lightweight .38 snubby. Both guns have exceeded my expectations by a long shot. They not only DID NOT blow up in my hands, but they shoot a wide variety of .38 Spec cartridges without a single hick-up even after years of use.

I consider both of these Taurus revolvers to been excellent purchase descisions.

And for the record. I agree about the cheese comments. Life is to short to eat inexpensive cheese.

Regards,

Rob

Those seem to be ok for the most part but they've had issues too. It's probably the best new gun you can buy for $200, but I wouldn't trust one just because a guy on YouTube put 10,000 rounds through his. Taurus has well known quality control issues, my biggest concern would be the quality of metal parts used. I'm sure they've fixed the design flaws, but that's it. You don't have to be a metallurgy expert to realize the barrel in the g2 is made out of Brazilian pot metal.

I don't because I saw someone put 10000 rounds through one on youtube but by the fact that I've seen it several times now, that I personally have a few thousand through my personal one as do all of my buddies that have had them and I don't know about pot metal. pretty sure that is still used exclusively in all of the cobra, jiminez, bryco that are actual pieces of **** that really would do more damage if you threw one at someone

So can I bud, i live in Pennsylvania. I work in New York. Funny concept huh. You southerners aren't special

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Uh... no you can't. Background checks are required for private handgun sales in PA. Not down here. (Though I accept that PA has very good laws in a very bad part of the country for gun freedoms. As do Vermont and NH.)

Back
Top Bottom