• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have insurance on your vehicle? I do not have any personal experience with this, although I imagine your insurance company should be the ones that need to pay out to you (as that is what your premiums are for) and then it would be their responsibility to contact the other party's insurance company to collect for damages.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like your insurance company is the one I would deal with since you pay them for that sort of thing and let them sort it out with the other insurance company.

Pay your deductible through your insurance and have your insurance company fight.state farm.

Your second call should have been to your insurance, that is why you pay them.

And congrats on the child.

Turn it into your insurance company and let them handle it, thats what you pay for. If you have a police report that shows her at fault they can't charge you with it. Otherwise, get ready to spend a lot of money trying to get it fixed.

Lawyer up, they may settle if you just bluff a little, standard tactic used by most insurance companies. They will try anything to keep from paying a claim.

This is why you have auto insurance. Hopefully, you notified your insurance company that you were involved in an accident at the time of the collision. If so, my advice is to turn the claim over to your insurance company and let them go after State Farm for the money. Believe me...your insurance company will take the reins and get their money back from State Farm. Or they will write it off as a loss and move on.

It's either that...or retain the services of an attorney. It's amazing how a few choice words from an attorney loosens an insurance company's purse strings...

This is why you have auto insurance. Hopefully, you notified your insurance company that you were involved in an accident at the time of the collision. If so, my advice is to turn the claim over to your insurance company and let them go after State Farm for the money. Believe me...your insurance company will take the reins and get their money back from State Farm. Or they will write it off as a loss and move on.

It's either that...or retain the services of an attorney. It's amazing how a few choice words from an attorney loosens an insurance company's purse strings...

Good advice. Don't stress yourself out over this stuff. This is exactly why you pay insurance premiums, now let your insurance company earn some of that money you have been sending them. They have subrogation units that specialize in recovering these types of losses and tracking down the hard-to-find parties at fault. You will not need to even bring an attorney into the mix if you have insurance. With the proper coverage and a police report on top of that, you are in good shape. Let your insurance company do their thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom