• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the worst kind of hunter-shot 2 dogs because he wanted to

Found it. Again... not that anyone cares about the law.... I remember some game wardens complaining about the wording of this as it states they are obliged to shoot dogs.

§ 27-3-49 - Killing of dogs running deer
Universal Citation: GA Code § 27-3-49 (2015)
(a) It shall be the duty of every conservation ranger to kill any dog pursuing or killing any deer in any locality other than that prescribed by law or rules and regulations permitting such hunting, and no action for damages shall be maintained against the person for such killing.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person other than a conservation ranger, sheriff, or deputy sheriff to kill a dog wearing a collar, which dog is or has been pursuing or killing a deer.

(c) It shall not be unlawful for any person to kill a dog which does not have a collar and which is pursuing or killing deer in any locality other than that prescribed by law or rules and regulations permitting such hunting, and no action for damages shall be maintained against the person for such killing.

but the land is being damaged by the dog. in the actions of chasing, taking game. it has a detrimental effect on your land. its not the dogs chasing the deer, its the dogs on your land, damaging its ability to supply you with game animals...

Found it. Again... not that anyone cares about the law.... I remember some game wardens complaining about the wording of this as it states they are obliged to shoot dogs.

§ 27-3-49 - Killing of dogs running deer
Universal Citation: GA Code § 27-3-49 (2015)
(a) It shall be the duty of every conservation ranger to kill any dog pursuing or killing any deer in any locality other than that prescribed by law or rules and regulations permitting such hunting, and no action for damages shall be maintained against the person for such killing.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person other than a conservation ranger, sheriff, or deputy sheriff to kill a dog wearing a collar, which dog is or has been pursuing or killing a deer.

(c) It shall not be unlawful for any person to kill a dog which does not have a collar and which is pursuing or killing deer in any locality other than that prescribed by law or rules and regulations permitting such hunting, and no action for damages shall be maintained against the person for such killing.
so is the collar the problem you have? i know thats a problem in the story, but we ditched that 10 pages ago. i would also argue that if you cant see the collar, its not wearing one. plus most of the useless trash bottom feeders that let their dogs run loose, dont put collars on them anyway. maybe a log chain, but not a collar..

but the land is being damaged by the dog. in the actions of chasing, taking game. it has a detrimental effect on your land. its not the dogs chasing the deer, its the dogs on your land, damaging its ability to supply you with game animals...
The game is separate from your land and legally is not relevant.

so is the collar the problem you have? i know thats a problem in the story, but we ditched that 10 pages ago. i would also argue that if you cant see the collar, its not wearing one. plus most of the useless trash bottom feeders that let their dogs run loose, dont put collars on them anyway. maybe a log chain, but not a collar..
What I have a "problem" with is people shooting dogs that aren't causing any issues. But, people are going to do what they are going to do. Beyond that, I just wish 'hunters' would follow the law. That's it.
I've never shot a dog, collared or not. I've never had the NEED to. (I did put a warning round from a .44 into the ground right under my tree next to a small pack that was running deer on my property. They were pretty regular visitors up until that point. I don't think I ever saw them again).
The other thing I have a "problem" with is irresponsible pet owners. Always have, always will. Spot is not a wolf and fluffy is not a tiger. Keep them on your own property!

Ok easy plan.
The guy who owned the dogs that were killed.
Gets to pick two of the asholes dogs.
And still face charges.
In Va everybody hunts with dogs.
And everybody gets their tags filled every year.
And you shoot somebody's dog there and you would probably end up in a shallow grave somewhere.

What I have a "problem" with is people shooting dogs that aren't causing any issues. But, people are going to do what they are going to do. Beyond that, I just wish 'hunters' would follow the law. That's it.
I've never shot a dog, collared or not. I've never had the NEED to. (I did put a warning round from a .44 into the ground right under my tree next to a small pack that was running deer on my property. They were pretty regular visitors up until that point. I don't think I ever saw them again).
The other thing I have a "problem" with is irresponsible pet owners. Always have, always will. Spot is not a wolf and fluffy is not a tiger. Keep them on your own property!
i have only killed them when it was necessary. only 3 in my life. one on mom and dads farm, one at my house, and my pet that was dieing. last dog i owned. thats been about 6 years now....

Back
Top Bottom