Those of you with suppressors...

Was your suppressor worth it?

• hell yeah!

• I guess

• nope

• I was told there would be cake...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Worth every penny!

I started with a DA Mask HD and grabbed a MK IV 22/45 Lite as a host. Five years and ~4k rounds later, it's still my favorite combo for range day fun. The Mask also works great on rifle. My rifle hosts have included a few 10/22s and a Savage FV-SR. Depending on ammo, you can achieve proper giggle-inducing levels of quiet.

Second for me was a .30-cal can to swap between centerfire hosts. I snagged a DA Sandman-S and it has been great. I've ran it across multiple platforms and chamberings. My favorite so far is my 10.3" Daniel Defense 300BLK, though my PDW and Ruger American Ranch were also good. Does great on 5.56×45, 7.62×39, .308, and 6.5 Creedmoor as well. 300BLK is the ticket though 👌

Third for me was a .45-cal pistol can to run on 9×19, 10mm, and 45 Auto. I snagged a Rugged Obsidian45 and it's awesome so far. I've ran 158gr subs through my M9A4, and 124gr supers through my SP5. I've also ran 230gr through one of my HK45CTs. All were great.

If just getting into suppressors, definitely make a dedicated rimfire can an early, if not first, acquisition. From there, grab a rifle can if you shoot more rifle or a pistol can if you shoot more pistol.

Yeah, the paperwork is a nuisance and all but it's worth it in my opinion. I also have to renew my auto and home insurance every year, renew my auto registrations every year, notify USPS and a million other entities if I move, and the list goes on. Our lives are chock full of annoyances in the form of paperwork. What's one more added to the list to enhance my favorite training/hobby activity of shooting? 🤷‍♂️

24A4AE79-F838-473D-9D6F-EBD5304DB3DA.jpeg

love my Sandman K, this on a BCM sbr. Awaiting a Sierra 5, mask 22 and an RC2 in nfa jail.

Just submitted for my trust to be drafted. Whats the word for 30 cal cans now? Seen a few recent posts about the new DA manufacturer having QC issues. I was interested in a Sandman S to go on my deer rifle. Other considerations are the Hux (OSS) 7.62 or Banish 30. Ive been out of the loop on NFA items for a few years so I may not be aware of something newer/ better.

Just submitted for my trust to be drafted. Whats the word for 30 cal cans now? Seen a few recent posts about the new DA manufacturer having QC issues. I was interested in a Sandman S to go on my deer rifle. Other considerations are the Hux (OSS) 7.62 or Banish 30. Ive been out of the loop on NFA items for a few years so I may not be aware of something newer/ better.
I'd get a rugged can if I were gonna buy a 30 cal suppressor.

Sandman will be GTG, it's their newer cans that had the issues. BUT, it is heavy as it is intended for full auto. And, also doubles as a hammer when needed. IMO, I'd go with the lightest weight can that would still do what is needed for it's intended purpose. If you're looking for a hunting can, there are a few options that are very light. The Harvester EVO looks like a good hunting can with a decent price.

I've never owned a personal suppressor and I have some rookie questions.
  1. Once it's been acquired, if you wish to, how do you sell it or otherwise get rid of it legally if you choose to do so?
  2. What happens to it if you die?

I'd get a rugged can if I were gonna buy a 30 cal suppressor.

Sandman will be GTG, it's their newer cans that had the issues. BUT, it is heavy as it is intended for full auto. And, also doubles as a hammer when needed. IMO, I'd go with the lightest weight can that would still do what is needed for it's intended purpose. If you're looking for a hunting can, there are a few options that are very light. The Harvester EVO looks like a good hunting can with a decent price.

I love my Sandman S, but as others have said, and as others will add, there have been concerns about QC at Dead Air for a while.

Ill do some more research. Thanks for the responses. Im not dead set on any can at the moment. Its something that ill have to wait a year to play with and also a lifelong commitment so i want to get one that will be worth it.

I love my Sandman S, but as others have said, and as others will add, there have been concerns about QC at Dead Air for a while.
I believe the only QC issues are with the Sierra 5 made by KGmade here in Ga. I have read that DA is hush hush to the public due to a manufacturing issue and is currently in a lawsuit against KGmade.

From what I gather on the internet everything else from DA is GTg!

Back
Top Bottom