• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on a company car under $30k?

The Honda HR V has horrible reviews, which surprised me. Civics are way to small for what I need. We had a 2010 Sorento that got traded in with 120k, in 2020. We had zero problems with it, besides one alternator. The wife bought a 2019 Sportage SX with 30k and have only had to put tires and change the oil.
The new Civic hatchback is too small? Have a look. It’s not all that compact these days.

I would check into the Subaru Forester. They by far have the best safety record other than a Volvo and they run forever. That would be my first and only choice under $30,000. The Subaru has a 3 or 36,000 Mi bumper to bumper and a 5-year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

If you're going to do a Mazda stay away from the turbo cars. Which pretty much leaves you with the gutless car. I bought my wife a Mazda CX-7 and it was a turbo car and when it hit 140,000 miles the whole thing fell apart. The turbo blew the engine went loose and the drivetrain just was nothing. Of course the car stayed in excellent running condition until the divorce and that's when I stopped maintaining it and it went to crap. So I don't know how much of that was the car and how much of that was just total lack of preventive maintenance. But if you do get a turbo car you have to change the oil in those like clockwork. And don't spool the turbo up when it's cold and don't spool it up right before you park it let the Turbo totally spool down to idle speed before you shut the car off. That's an absolute must because when you spool the turbo up and shut the car off you stop the oil flow to the turbo which leaves it spinning and no oil going to it. That used to be the problems in the old Trans Ams. People would put it in park and then hit the gas to hear the motor and then turn it off and the Turbo would be spooling with no oil flow.

I would check into the Subaru Forester. They by far have the best safety record other than a Volvo and they run forever. That would be my first and only choice under $30,000. The Subaru has a 3 or 36,000 Mi bumper to bumper and a 5-year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.
Good luck finding a Forester under $30k. Most of what hits the dealer lots will be optioned out.

Yeah, I’m trying my best to stay away from Turbo and AWD. That being said, I may try to find a Rav4 after looking at it yesterday and I think they are all awd. The Kia Seltos has been the nicest car I’ve looked at for the price.

Back
Top Bottom