• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tree Removal, is this a thing?

I have a good friend with a very successful tree company. He has over a million dollars worth of equipment, a large payroll and major insurance expenses. When he does the job, it costs but there is no mess, my yard and driveway aren't destroyed and if an accident did happen, I know it will be covered. If they just drop and and leave the wood cut up for you it will cost a little less. If they are dropping, disposing of everything and grinding the stump, you're gonna pay. A "huge red oak" in my neck of the woods would probably cost $2K for the full meal deal. Probably $1,200-1,500 for the drop and chop.

Tree companies wont do it free. Probably wont do it for less than $1k depending on all the variables. What you need is an individual who does it on the side. Ask around. They’re out there. He can at least drop the tree for you and then leave you to worry about the cleanup. Had a guy drop a monster oak 38” base for $400. That included climbing and topping out before dropping. It was roughly 50 ft from the house.
Good advice but be careful with the folks that do it on the side. If they aren't insured and drop the tree on your house or your neighbors you might be in for a hefty bill. A good friend of mine had a company drop a pine on his roof when they were sectioning it off from the top...

An extra grand up front is much cheaper than new roof trusses and shingles.

Some pulp wood companies will do it for free but they leave a hell of a mess. They leave the top and stump. And destroy everything in there path, ask me how I know.

Somethings are better done by someone with experience. I had to help my neighbor get his brand new chainsaw un stuck from a tree yesterday. I told him the tree is going to hit your house when it falls. He said just the little branches. He was wrong, but I got his saw out. They always fall further than what one would think

I had 2 100 foot trees that I took down over looking my neighbors house, I paid $700 for the 1st tree it was dead, the second time around the tree company said that if I left the wood on my property they would only charge me $350, plus cut down any other tree's I wanted cut down for free. I used North Tree company.
I have used North Tree in the past. They are a good company.

"On the side" means no damage insurance to cover your property, or powerlines, should they come down. And very likely you will be responsible for worker comp type injuries that can include long term disability.

Hire a legit tree removal company, it is cheaper in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom