(Vent about newbies)

The problem with allot of the newbies is that they don't listen to the ODT original guys. Those Original ODT guys made this site. Every time I show one of my friends ODT I tell them you make a Deal on ODT, you follow through with or your done. I have gotten a ton of Good information from the ODT guys.

I've generally found there's two types of new folks that try to make deals.

The first is people who want to be on the site and are trying to learn the process. They make mistakes but their heart is in the right place and they are sincerely trying to be a part of the community here.

The second are people who look at this as a Craigslist for guns. They have no interest in the place beyond making a few deals, and are usually the problem children.

I've generally found there's two types of new folks that try to make deals.

The first is people who want to be on the site and are trying to learn the process. They make mistakes but their heart is in the right place and they are sincerely trying to be a part of the community here.

The second are people who look at this as a Craigslist for guns. They have no interest in the place beyond making a few deals, and are usually the problem children.
E'erbody tryin' ta git a come up.

It comes down to being a man of your word. The rest is psycho babble. I got burned on a trade over a month ago by an ODT og. He was late but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. He said he had 2 mags in the pm negotiation but when he showed up he had lost the 2nd mag some time prior and had neglected to tell me after the deal was made. He apologized for not telling me beforehand and asked me to NOT leave him feedback. I din't leave him feedback as he requested but it was definitely not positive though not negative. I got the pistol at a fair price and just went ahead and purchased a spare mag myself.
Looking back at old threads apparently newbs have been a problem for years while more than a few "OG's" have negative feedbacks for flaking on deals

We were all new once. I remember when I popped my ODT cherry. Granted it wasn't 10+ years ago like the OG's but it was several years ago. I didn't know anything about ODT. I had some boolits listed for sale on another site, sold them to a dude and when we were talking he told me about ODT. I was skeptical but figured I'd give it a shot. Literally haven't been back on that other site since. Point is I don't think I should just ignore new people, or people with 0 feedback. They gotta start somewhere. Glad the first guy or two I dealt with didn't have the "no noobs" rule or I would've just walked away because of the hassle.

I care more about negative feedback than zero. Secondly, I try to be overly communitive with the rookies. Most (like me) don't read all the site rules before trying to make a deal so they don't know what to do. 90% are cool with whatever, if you tell them. The other 10% are just here for the Craiglist of guns factor, and F those dudes.

I just had a bad deal with an older member. I did not leave negative because I was as much at fault as he was, UNTIL the parts arrived, and though designed to work together, and advertised as such, they would not work together. I got bit. But I’ve had very good deals with more than one Zero…

Unless the newbie is close by me (30 minute radius or less) I will not waste my time talking with them if they have no feedack! I have had several from hours away contact me. A simple not gonna waste our time with you being so far away and no feedback. Its usually a OK thank you I didnt see how far away you where response.

Then we have some Og members here that think everyone is deaperate to sell and lowball you! I had the same person send me 4 diffrent $200 less offers on the same gun!

At the end of the day I still enjoy trading and shooting and carrying diffrent guns. I cant do this at a gun shop as trade values there are half the guns value and accessories arent considered. ODT is the only place you can get a gun try it out and trade it later if isnt a perfect fit for you!

Why the Hidden or very vague locations lately?
Atlanta?
Gwinnett?
No Zip code in ad or profile

Back
Top Bottom