• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We ain’t gonna make it! Who of you would buy this kinda truck?

I've said it before: plug in electric is a very niche market, it's not prime time. I believe hybrid is the perfect compromise. Use the torque of electric and the steady state hp of internal combustion and it can be applied to nearly every application.

That being said, we own both a Kia Niro and a Corvette... My kind of hybrid living! :)

Plug in hybrid electric vehicle in my opinion give the best of both worlds and can actually be more practical and better than just gas or just electric. Plug in hybrids are almost the perfect survival vehicle having 2 different systems to propel them. I really wishthat more manufacturers would have pursued this technology instead of jumping to all electric.

I would totally buy a Plug in hybrid electric vehicle if somebody built a model that I was interested in.

I wouldn’t buy 1, simply because the price vs the distance between charges..for instance, on vacation, and going to Destin, routing your trip so u can go to a charging station, and staying there for how ever long to charge a battery..maybe some street gang wants to stay at charging stations to charge a toll to use?

Curiosity question, always drove gas/diesel vehicles for 50 years. Know pretty much what maintenance they need. Oil changes, brakes etc. What kind of maintenance do electrics need?
Standard maintenance on these is, I believe, change fluid in differentials. Wiper blades, tires, and brakes when needed - and brakes should last longer because of regenerative braking.

Electric is not for everyone. But in truth, a 300 mile range is likely just fine for 99.9% of the driving most of us do. Many of us live in 2 + car households, so we could just take the gas burner on vacation, and commute day to day in an EV without any drama, and probably save money. I believe the F150 electric is similar in cost to the entry level F150 gas.

Yes, if you take a long trip in an EV you're going to get stuck somewhere recharging it for an hour or more. But you NEVER stop for a fill up during your day to day life. 10 minutes at a gas station after work one day out of every week is time out of your life, too. No oil changes, either.

Are EV's for everyone? No. But they can, and do, work for some people. They don't work for ME right now because I'm a cheap rascal - but I won't rule them out.

Curiosity question, always drove gas/diesel vehicles for 50 years. Know pretty much what maintenance they need. Oil changes, brakes etc. What kind of maintenance do electrics need?
Tires……. They chew up some expensive ass tires! My wife has a new Tesla & for her use it’s perfect- we’ve taken it down to St Simmons & Tesla supercharger was fabulous. Charger cost were less than $40 both ways. It is a blast to drive- acceleration & stereo are insane …… I still drive disposable gas vehicles for driving around the hood we call ATL daily…..

Tires……. They chew up some expensive ass tires! My wife has a new Tesla & for her use it’s perfect- we’ve taken it down to St Simmons & Tesla supercharger was fabulous. Charger cost were less than $40 both ways. It is a blast to drive- acceleration & stereo are insane …… I still drive disposable gas vehicles for driving around the hood we call ATL daily…..
Ok, but what is the average time for charging? I guarantee it is way more than stop at a gas station.

Ok, but what is the average time for charging? I guarantee it is way more than stop at a gas station.
And there is a gas station at almost every crossroads. Wouldn’t want to have to plan every trip around available charging station locations, and factor in charging times. Plus no one seems to mention, you may have to wait for an available charger on busy travel days.

Back
Top Bottom