• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the worst accidental discharge you have seen!

By me about 6 years ago... can't remember why I was clearing the SR9c, but I was post-call and came home from running errands and hella tired. Second floor bedroom with windows open and screens down. Reversed steps and dropped the magazine then racked the slide. Pull the trigger and well, my left ear has had a ringing in it ever since. Went through the window screen, over the front porch roof, across the street, and into the neighbors front side yard. Tried and never did recover the HST round. Kept the casing on my dresser as a reminder until we moved. Wife was none to happy, but relieved that neither me nor anyone else had an extra hole.

There are 2 different ways to cycle the slide on an auto.

You can pinch and push/pull, or crossgrip and push/push. The guy in the nest lane didn't pivot his body to keep the barrel pointing downrange when he cycled his .45. push/push.

The round went through the barrier and into the ammo stacked up on the barricade in my lane.

My partner and I had been standing back watching. We picked up our stuff and left. Thankful we hadn't been shot, and our weapons laying on the same counter hadn't been hit.

Wouldn't it be nice if they made the barricades out of concrete?

2870617e104f435c8361ebe794d0db8f.jpg
35013cdc8355001f2127358d2c4d40a8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I was in a gunshop once when the someone handed the owner a 1911 to see about trading. Just about the time the the guy said "it has a hair trigger". Bang, round missed me by about 6inches. An older guy in the store who was sitting down, had to leave, crapped his pants.

Know a guy who shot himself in the hand with a .25 auto (raven)..Went in the 1st finger, hit his bird finger knuckle, it came out the top of his skin...those little guns are dangerous

The guy in the nest lane didn't pivot his body to keep the barrel pointing downrange when he cycled his .45. push/push.
The round went through the barrier and into the ammo stacked up on the barricade in my lane.
My partner and I had been standing back watching. We picked up our stuff and left. Thankful we hadn't been shot, and our weapons laying on the same counter hadn't been hit.
Wouldn't it be nice if they made the barricades out of concrete?
Nah, that jus makes too much sense...lol

Back
Top Bottom