• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s your fitness standard?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Been working out for a little bit and trying to eat better to kick off some weight, but having an issue with an end goal. That’s to say: I have no idea where I’m going or what I’m going for besides “lose fat, get stronger.”

What’s your fitness goals as it relates to a shtf type scenario? What should I be aiming for?

Some generic examples:

1 mile run: ___:___
Carry ___ lbs for ___ distance
Deadlift ___ lbs ___ times

For me it generally is to lift my own weight - press, carry, pullup (on a good day). Focus on good from, range of motion, and injury avoidance.
I should be putting more focus on the cardio (endurance) aspect of it.

Been working out for a little bit and trying to eat better to kick off some weight, but having an issue with an end goal. That’s to say: I have no idea where I’m going or what I’m going for besides “lose fat, get stronger.”

What’s your fitness goals as it relates to a shtf type scenario? What should I be aiming for?

Some generic examples:

1 mile run: ___:___
Carry ___ lbs for ___ distance
Deadlift ___ lbs ___ times
It appears like you have done most of your odt deals over the phone and through the mail....never in person.

Curious. Not trying to hijack thread or be a tool.

What type of shtf scenarios do you have in mind that will require you to run for your life and only take what you can carry with you ? Do you live in a rural area ?

Curious. Not trying to hijack thread or be a tool.

What type of shtf scenarios do you have in mind that will require you to run for your life and only take what you can carry with you ?

His question and example provided is asking for a metric by which to judge a proposed goal; which one could then extrapolate as being "fit" for a SHTF scenario. Looking to achieve a personal level of strength and endurance for himself.

Back
Top Bottom