• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what chest rig do you carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACU's are such fail, glad the Army woke up and realized how much fail they really are.

I have been speculating purchasing a chest rig for the past year or so for a " SHTF" scenario. It's far off in my mind, I don't see a " SHTF " happening any time in the near future, but I'd like to have one just in case. I have a ton of mags, lots of ammo, but nothing to carry it all in.

I like this one here http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_AK47_Chest_Rig_6_Mag_p/eag.572.htm . 6 mags, and Molle for whatever I need to add to it, even more mag pouches. Changing out pouches to fit the " mission " would prove invaluable in a lot of scenarios.

Also, from what I've heard UTG is utter junk, bad stitching, zippers, velcro, and all around clumsy construction. Go the extra $20-50 and get something from Eagle.

Pull-Out 12GA Tray

Another long-lived Original S.O.E. Gear design is the Pull-Out 12GA Tray. It is an extremely popular item, with orders from military units and law enforcement officers as well as the shooting community at large.

These are designed to be used in conjunction with our Patrol and Ralleyman magazine pouches, allowing the user to withdraw organized, right-side-up rounds for reloading of combat or breaching shotguns with similar style and speed to a rifle or carbine, without the need to completely change the layout and mounting of the user's gear.

Many users dummy cord these through the drainage grommet present in all of our magazine pouches. These Pull-Out Trays are constructed from milspec nylon and elastic webbing and overbuilt like all John Willis products.

Sizing: Holds 16 rounds of 12 gauge. The 16 round tray will fit in any pouch that is capable of holding 2 AR magazines. If you only have single AR mag pouches, you have two options: An 8 round tray (contact us for details) or fill one side only on the 16 round tray.

Specifications: Milspec webbing

COLORS

$25.00
http://originalsoegear.com/12tray.html
You can use this in any ar-15 double pouch.

If anyone is hunting LBE/Tac Vest and you are near Cumming check out EM Gear outstanding selection and customer service in store or online off exit 13 GA. 400. Dustin and the crew are end-users who know their stuff and can help fit the equipment to you from mild to wild. I just wish back in the 70's, 80's and 90's when I was playing Ranger, that we had this gear, maybe my back and neck would not be trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom