• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best American 22lr bolt action on the market…

what would you say the affective range of a 22lr is. anything after 50 yards and it loses pretty much all of its ability to stop anything. i know we are talking target shooting, but in the end, a bullets effectiveness is determined by its lethality ..
It's literally a thread dedicated to 22lr rifles, so what does it matter in the end? I know this is all just an overly annoying trolling attempt. It just seems a little played out at this point.

sure thing..
dont be a dork, if you dont know the meaning of both those words, i cant help ya.

Oh, I got news for you. I can't help being a dork, it's just what I am.

Precise
: strictly conforming to a pattern, standard, or convention

No mention of effective range or speed or killing ability that I can see.

This is the problem in the Firearms chat. People argue about things they don't even know what they are talking about. Then just because 50 other people join in, that also don't know what they are talking about, they believe that gives them validity. Secondly, no one even wants to formulate a proper argument or debate. Here we are discussing accuracy and you are going on about effective range now. The chat here is just, well, lazy. You have a few people willing to put together well-constructed thoughts, but you knuckleheads run them off just because you like to hear yourselves talk. The question is, are we here to learn or to be validated? This is why some of us rarely do anything but trade on here anymore and the other experienced folks that do stick around day in day out in the forums always have a chip on their shoulder. I don't blame them.

In short, you are wrong on this one. Effective range, speed, etc have nothing to do with accuracy. If I can lob a projectile at 200 fps in a tighter pattern than you, how quickly I got there is irrelevant.

what would you say the affective range of a 22lr is. anything after 50 yards and it loses pretty much all of its ability to stop anything. i know we are talking target shooting, but in the end, a bullets effectiveness is determined by its lethality ..
Yes, Unc Joe, it ain't no huntin round

I can definitely say that I am better at range with any centerfire round due to shooting 22lr at range. The great equalizer is wind, and the shooter's ability to call it and make adjustments on the fly. You will find out real quick if you can't call wind shooting 22. And learn your wind calls much quicker.

I can definitely say that I am better at range with any centerfire round due to shooting 22lr at range. The great equalizer is wind, and the shooter's ability to call it and make adjustments on the fly. You will find out real quick if you can't call wind shooting 22. And learn your wind calls much quicker.
this why I want a nice 22lr. learn wind calls.

y'all have convinced me to quit buying 9mm toys and sbr'ing them. gonna save my nut and get a b14 or a vudoo...depends on how patient I am.
From my experience, you are not giving up much with a b14r over a vudoo. Don't get me wrong, the v22 is a better barreled action, but dollar for dollar the leap to a v22 isn't drastically better. If your expectations are to bring out every ounce of performance from quality ammo, the v22 is the answer. If 90-95% of that performance is adequate, the b14r will serve you well.

Back
Top Bottom