• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best American 22lr bolt action on the market…

From my experience, you are not giving up much with a b14r over a vudoo. Don't get me wrong, the v22 is a better barreled action, but dollar for dollar the leap to a v22 isn't drastically better. If your expectations are to bring out every ounce of performance from quality ammo, the v22 is the answer. If 90-95% of that performance is adequate, the b14r will serve you well.
B14r steel barrel responds to a tuner well I threaded a small blank and used a Harrells tuner and got a little more out of it with eley match.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 8
And as for the thread title, I have had great success with the B14R. Been running mine for a few years now and it even slings trash ammo really well. One of those guns that you just can't help but want to shoot all the time.

I have the same rifle and scope (well 3-18, but whatever). I have mine in a manners stock and jewel trigger. It loves CCI standard velocity. Here it is, except swapped glass for the EOtech Vudu.

7B8D2A9D-F558-41AD-BB22-7838537AB096.jpeg

Sorry for crap pictures. Photography isn’t my thing.

B14r steel barrel responds to a tuner well I threaded a small blank and used a Harrells tuner and got a little more out of it with eley match.
I had a carbon barrel. Same. I'd steel again if I didn't step to a vudoo, but that's only due to balance. The b14r's, for the most part, are shooters.

And as for the thread title, I have had great success with the B14R. Been running mine for a few years now and it even slings trash ammo really well. One of those guns that you just can't help but want to shoot all the time.
This is the reoccurring theme. I have heard this from ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 300_whisper 300_whisper and a few others. This will probably be the direction I go.

Thank you for the suggestions.

This is the reoccurring theme. I have heard this from ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 300_whisper 300_whisper and a few others. This will probably be the direction I go.

Thank you for the suggestions.
The step up in price is absolutely worth it. The only other thing I'd get below the b14 is a Tikka T1x. This after having just about everything under the sun and shooting with many more of the other options as well.

Back
Top Bottom