• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best American 22lr bolt action on the market…

Ya, the Bergara is a new name to me, but I like what I have heard and read so far.

The 10/22 is just a work horse (for the money). Plus it is ubiquitous.
I have my qualms with Bergara, but they do put out a good product when they make it out of the door.

Maybe, maybe not. Your right in your thinking.

I simply wanted feedback from the ODT community as I trust them more than reading online reviews from authors who were probably paid by the manufacture to write the review.
I use to think that now I would go with the reviews cause all you get on odt is a bunch of pissing contests

Oh, I got news for you. I can't help being a dork, it's just what I am.

Precise
: strictly conforming to a pattern, standard, or convention

No mention of effective range or speed or killing ability that I can see.

This is the problem in the Firearms chat. People argue about things they don't even know what they are talking about. Then just because 50 other people join in, that also don't know what they are talking about, they believe that gives them validity. Secondly, no one even wants to formulate a proper argument or debate. Here we are discussing accuracy and you are going on about effective range now. The chat here is just, well, lazy. You have a few people willing to put together well-constructed thoughts, but you knuckleheads run them off just because you like to hear yourselves talk. The question is, are we here to learn or to be validated? This is why some of us rarely do anything but trade on here anymore and the other experienced folks that do stick around day in day out in the forums always have a chip on their shoulder. I don't blame them.

In short, you are wrong on this one. Effective range, speed, etc have nothing to do with accuracy. If I can lob a projectile at 200 fps in a tighter pattern than you, how quickly I got there is irrelevant.
maybe go back and read the entire thread. you may find where it started and where it is may surprise you..
surprise
an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.
ie
you may be shocked to learn how it started,,
i simply suggested a 17 was more accurate out to 300 yards than a 22.

maybe go back and read the entire thread. you may find where it started and where it is may surprise you..
surprise
an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.
ie
you may be shocked to learn how it started,,
i simply suggested a 17 was more accurate out to 300 yards than a 22.
An answer to a question that was never asked. Cool.

not a repeater
but you would be surprised how good (and fun) the crickett is.
its cheap, accurate , and fun. being a single shot, you dont just blow thru rounds, you tend to take your time and place every shot.
best part, you can get one used on the ODT between 250 and 500 bucks. or but one brand new at walmart for $126...
the ruger precision is great, i have one in 17hmr. dont know i would bother with a 22, 22 sniper shots are 50 to 80 yards. the 17 will run out to 300 yards...
Actually, Uncle Joe, this is what started it. With your talks of "sniper shots" (that's a great Joe kind of comment) and 22 only out to 80 yards. Then you further these ridiculous comments by doubling down in the next few, which is actually where I gave you your nickname. You know, talk of how 22lr isn't good for hunting, so it's useless and all. Again, a great unc Joe Fudd comment and mindset

Back
Top Bottom