• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your favorite handgun that you have owned?

Bersa thunder .45 bought at a gun show back when there were still decent deals to be had, maybe 2003 or 2004. Love it, but it doesn't get shot much, it just sits in the safe with some buddies and talks about the good times. These days the Sig and the M&Ps get more face time

Dang...hard decision. I have four S&W wheel guns that I will probably never part with unless I have to - and each really has it's own purpose, so it's hard to pick between them.

My 19-3 4" has the sweetest trigger of anything I have ever shot. It was my first S&W, and right up there for the #1 slot. If it was a round butt instead of square, it would be my favorite.

My 28 is my favorite to shoot. The Sherman tank of guns...ugly & heavy, but accurate & reliable. Eats full-house .357's like nothing else I own.

My 19-4 snubby is probably the most fun. People at the range can't believe I can shoot this thing so accurately at 45 feet. Simple...really. It IS an extension of my right arm. Wherever I point it...the bullet goes. If it were lighter, I would carry this daily.

But the one I carry has to be my favorite. My 386 Night Guard is the BOMB for carry. Feels just like my M19 snubby...but weighs about 12 oz. less. I can carry this on my belt all day and never notice it's there. It's my constant companion...so it must be my favorite. I'd shoot it more often...but it bites really hard with full .357's.

i had a 1973 issue colt 1911 new in the box that my girlfriend gave me when her grandfather died, this was in 1983 and i was 19. i sold it later for $100.00. MAN I WAS DUMB

At the rist of sounding aloof, I must say that of all the 1911's I have fired, I just love my Kimber Pro Carry II. The feel of balance seems spot on to me. I have fired other 1911's, I still come back to my Kimber. Right now I have the Crimson Trace Pro Carry II. Yeah, the grips are not my favorite, but the gun fires great. I have owned other Kimbers, but for some reason, this gun fits me to a T.

Can't pick just one, Belgian Browning Hi-Power MkIII I got for $225 in 1986 and traded a year later for a deer rifle and spent the next 23 years trying to get it back. Finally got it back about 2 months ago! My bright stainless Python 6". a Wilson Combat Protector Compact .45 that my Dad was going to get me for my birthday back in '98 but he died 3 weeks before my birthday and never got around to buying it so I sold 3 Para Ordanance pistols so I could get it and I carry that gun almost every day. Then there's the old model Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt he gave me as a birthday present and a NAA .22 mag mini he gave the next year. But probably one of my most favorites is an old 1943 Underwood M-1 carbine that he taught me how to shoot with when I was about 6 years old. I got more favorites but I'll save those for another time.

Back
Top Bottom