• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When did you get your first State issued carry permit?

1969. It was called a "Pistol Toter`s License". Really. About as useful as a backseat driver`s license. Good for open carry only. I had to take the pistol I wanted to carry into the Paulding County courthouse and register it. I stood in line, holding the pistol, along with a couple dozen folks paying traffic tickets. I had just moved here from NC, where you could open carry without a license. Nobody did. We all broke the law and carried concealed. The fine was $35. Ask me how I know that.

1969. It was called a "Pistol Toter`s License". Really. About as useful as a backseat driver`s license. Good for open carry only. I had to take the pistol I wanted to carry into the Paulding County courthouse and register it. I stood in line, holding the pistol, along with a couple dozen folks paying traffic tickets. I had just moved here from NC, where you could open carry without a license. Nobody did. We all broke the law and carried concealed. The fine was $35. Ask me how I know that.
LOL... I believe it was $3.00, good for a year, and only for the 1 gun that you had registered. Multiple guns, multiple licenses. Plus, even then folks freaked out when they noticed you open carry.
Many just went back to concealed. I had friends who had been carrying that way since we were 15.

Back
Top Bottom