• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is enough, enough?

Quote from http://npic.orst.edu/ingred/ptype/mothball/regulation.html

Mothball labels typically direct users to place mothballs in a tightly closed container that will prevent the pesticide fumes from accumulating in living spaces where people and pets can breathe them in for long periods of time. Inside airtight containers, the vapors released by the mothballs build up and kill the clothes moths.

One common mistake is using mothballs in containers that aren't airtight, allowing the toxic vapors to escape into the surrounding air. This can lead to long-term exposure, which may cause health problems.
Another common mistake is using mothballs in gardens or other outdoor locations to control insects, snakes or other wildlife. Using mothballs outside can harm children,pets and other animals. Mothballs used outdoors can also contaminate soil, plants and water. The information below contains additional resources for the proper use of mothballs and some alternative methods of controlling clothes moths.

First paragraph from the first link of post number 26:

The chemical naphthalene is an effective pesticide found in mothballs and other pest control products. Its strong odor also makes it a pest repellant. Naphthalene is registered for indoor and outdoor residential use. Used indoors, it kills moths and their eggs. Outdoors, it is used around gardens and buildings to repel pests like snakes.

I'm guessing you must follow the directions on the box, and that's that. No one has reported the guy, but we have given him fair warning to clean it up. Like I said it's right on the curb and in the grass, not protecting his garden. As far as snakes are concerned, they would be coming from behind his house not the front, just due to the nature of the neighborhood. Out neighborhood has it fair share of stray cats, and dogs that roam about and I am guessing that is what he has a problem with. I have dealt with this issue as well, one cat we won't talk about here, and the other I caught in a trap. Once caught I called animal control they picked it up and it got a new home or a pine box, I really don't care.

The point is I live in a neighborhood and what I do in my front yard effects other people, I am aware of this and I respect this. What I do loudly in my back yard also effects my neighbors, so I respect the rules whether they are written down or not. What I don't know about and isn't hurting anyone I could care less about. He could have a cat guillotine in his back yard for all I care, I am not PETA person. As long as the noise and or smell didn't effect me I could care less.

Last edited:
11 minutes response time, just glad no one was hurt, but my neighbors were yelling and smashing stuff again. I thought for sure in the case of a domestic that some one was going to jail. But really 11 minutes, glad I have a gun, cause if I really needed them for myself there is no way I could hold out that long. Granted I will take me about 5 to determine which gun I am okay with being in an evidence locker for a bit.

You got a big test coming up? Ignore the mothballs, say How's it going to the guys across the street to let them know you know they are there, and let the cops figure which house the fight is coming from. It's Marietta for goodness sake, that's like living in an inner city ghetto these days.

Back
Top Bottom