Who has used Maaco?

I used Maaco on 41 in Marietta 2 times. They were prepped and dent free when I took them. They did a great job. One was a VW beetle for my daughter. Looked good 10 years later. The other I sold to a friend. It also held up well.
I took another to the one on Thornton Rd. in Lithia Springs. They screwed it up. I took it back. They made it a little better, but I was ashamed to be seen in it so I traded it off. I suppose it depends on the store and the painter.

Very true

My next door neighbor used them to paint her Crown Vic about 5 years ago, didn't even go with the cheapest option and still had runs in the paint all over the car and the paint started flaking & peeling in less than a year. She learned a hard lesson dealing with Maaco. I tried to talk her out of using them but she did it anyway, told me later she wished she had listened to me.

Nothing a little wet sanding and high speed buffing can't lay down.... I've seen it on you tube.

Diy rhino goes down well with a roller.
A few years ago I did some paint work for commercial customer. He wanted the steel handrails around the building painted in his company colors. We used a single stage automotive paint as it was the easiest way to color match. We used a quality oil base brush to apply the paint and smoothed out amazingly before drying. That is what convinced me that a good quality paint job could be created with brushes or rollers. The secret is to use a quality automotive paint. This is a color scheme that I'm considering:

tumblr_o7m2ooXHNr1sltu13o10_1280.jpg

Don't use the one in Snellville. $1500 for the "BEST" and had to take it back to get the paint off the wheels, tires, trim, and exhaust tips. Said they couldn't do the front bumper, it was faded too bad. Put an aftermarket bumper on and it didn't even come close to fitting. Huge gaps and it poked out on both sides. Put the old bumper back on and painted it... a different color. They broke the windshield cowl and used huge globs of glue to put back together thinking I wouldn't notice. Still has a different colored front bumper cover. They said they could redo it for another $400. Corporate office said they can't do anything about it, locations are independently owned.

Back
Top Bottom