Who has used Maaco?

Luck of the draw would imply some had good experiences at some, that does not appear to be the case. (except for those who paid more, which isn't really luck...)

I have talked to other car owners with various car clubs/shows/cruise ins, some have had good experiences. Just the other day I was at a cruise in where a guy had maaco do his older corvette many years ago, and it was a good driver quality (not show) job. So it can happen, but most likely imo wont

I did a $50.00 rattle can job on my work truck. It took 8 cans of the automotive paint. It lasted about ten years.

A few years ago I did some paint work for commercial customer. He wanted the steel handrails around the building painted in his company colors. We used a single stage automotive paint as it was the easiest way to color match. We used a quality oil base brush to apply the paint and smoothed out amazingly before drying. That is what convinced me that a good quality paint job could be created with brushes or rollers. The secret is to use a quality automotive paint. This is a color scheme that I'm considering:

View attachment 1269223

Good luck! Be sure to update us. I'm curious how it will turn out. I've put tractor paint on work trucks with a roller and brush and had it turn out to be around a 15' job.

Completely serious, I'm going to do it. ;)

I have no doubt a decent job could be done with a roller. Paint work is all about the prep!

Diy rhino goes down well with a roller.

This true. I've rolled DIY Rhino liner on all three of my previous Scouts interiors and have seen exteriors done.
On an old non-show truck or 4X4 this is the way to go imo

20170805_094145.jpg
20170805_094147.jpg
20170805_094207.jpg
I

I have no doubt a decent job could be done with a roller. Paint work is all about the prep!

High end boat paint jobs that don't require a spray gun use rollers. The varnish, which will show a mosquitoes' footprint, use brushes. But the prep time to painting is about 5:1 Like a lot of things, it's the Indian, not the bow.

Back
Top Bottom