• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why carry an expensive CCW?

Who got the ban hammer?

nobody. Its just the dunce hat for being bad. He will be back!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy ****. Quoted to make sure I read that right. ;)

They do. I never said they did not. I know you can read this :) I love my Hks but they are not something I can abuse. Well I can but it hurts me inside.

Yeah I know what you mean. One moment I'm going to clean gutters, change oil, replace a light bulb and hours later I'm surfing the T.

I look at it like this: If you are defending your life and are forced to discharge your firearm in a public place, as far as I know, it must be up close and personal since the prosecutor will be trying to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you had enough space to run or evade eminent death without using deadly force and stick you with a felony murder charge or at least manslaughter. Unless the perpetrator is charging you from ten yards with barrels blazing you pretty much will be in a hand to hand type self defense scenario to lawfully use deadly force(of course there are exceptions)at that point do you really need a long barrel or full size firearm, the other caveat is do you want to, or can you (due to the work you do etc.) carry a bulky firearm all day every day? With these things in mind the smaller pocket gun fits the bill for me. I have carried a revolver in the waste band and even the lcr type revolver is a touch bulky for all day carry. I like the Seacamps, Colt Mustang Pocket Lights and Sig P238's but you are going to put heavy wear on a high ticket firearm and loose it if you use it when it is confiscated. I think Ruger really hit a home run with the LCP: a considerably better finished and more reliable version of the P3AT which is already a decent gun and the LCP stays fairly low ticket. You can CC this gun all day and absolutely forget it's there and still have seven rounds of some not too shabby .380acp especially with modern hollow point ammo. I keep a nicely worn S&W J frame in the truck, if it is stolen since cars get broken into all the time, I am bummed out but not hating life, LCP stays in a wallet holster all day every day fogetaboutit. Nice guns stay in the safe with the exception of maybe one for the nightstand. One mans opinion.......................

Back
Top Bottom