• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why carry an expensive CCW?

You can get a good reliable firearm for 400-450. I carry a m&p 9c an lcp and a s&w 642. All are great firearms without breaking the bank. And of course a Glock.

I carry the M&P 9c as well, love it. But till I get a replacement its the 1911 unless I can get a trade soon.

I might end up getting another M&P or try a Glock in 10mm to use as replacement.....just hate the thought my gun in police custody. Just a rant I guess. I may look into a small revolver as a truck gun though.

There is just something about wielding something both functional and aesthetically beautiful. A Dan Wesson is like that pretty girl you can't wait to pickup and take out - a Glock is like the ugly friend you can't wait to drop off. And just like the ugly friend, it will go bang whenever you need it to. ;)

While I certainly understand the Rationale of carrying the BEST Handgun you can AFFORD, I'll throw one OTHER thing "Out There"...Let's assume I have $1,500 to spend on a CC Piece, and go out & buy a Les Baer TR...

Good gun, likely to "Keep Me Safe" used correctly, of course...Now, let's say I hafta' USE IT and, for whatever reason, said Gun ends up being "Confiscated"...I've "Shot The Load" on my Les Baer, and now have NOTHING to Carry/Use for HD...OR...

INSTEAD OF spending the $1,500 on the LB, I buy TWO Glock 19's, or--pick your poison--and "Invest" the rest in Leather Gear, Ammo & Training...IF my "Number One" G-19--or whatever--gets CONFISCATED, I STILL HAVE G-19 #2 for CC & HD...Sounds like a PLAN to me...YMMV, of course....mikey357

I carry what I'm physically and financially comfortable with. While it may end up being confiscated someday, I ain't going to worry about what may happen to the firearm if I'm forced to use one.

If it someday saves my family or my own fat ass, it's done its job. Beyond that, I'm not going to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom