• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why "I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing

Wrong! Sometimes its just quicker and easier to have a conversation. And sometimes I want to talk to you and get a read on you. If you refuse to have a quick conversation...I'm done, thats all I need to know.
"Not adhering to site rules and keeping oneself protected from unwanted and indisputable negative feedback by keeping all comms to PM" tells you all you need to know?

Cool.

"Not adhering to site rules and keeping oneself protected from unwanted and indisputable negative feedback by keeping all comms to PM" tells you all you need to know?

Cool.
Sigh....after a chat you put details in mutual PM's....IF you feel like its needed.
I have done more first deals with people on here its not funny. I text and call to set up most deals. I cant remember EVER being stood up at a meet. Have gotten a last minute text or call to advise a delay, running late, or an emergency need to do deal tomorrow. I cant remember the last problem I have had.
Wait, the last problem I had was all done by PM, guy wouldnt call, insisted on PM's...he ghosted after suggesting time and day and was gonna PM me the time later. Oh well, the Python went to the next guy....who I called.

I sure will... haha
giphy (90).gif

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............
some of the folks on here shouldn't be on here.

Someone had a tractor for sale recently. Got to talking w/the seller. Agreed to get it and tried making arrangements to come pick it up. Then he vanished. I am 99.94857508923458937589024% sure I know what happened. He got it fixed and/or sold it to someone on CL for more $$$. Really sucks because I stopped looking for tractors for the hunt club, told everyone at the hunt club we will have another tractor, and did all the research and plans for the tractor. Now I look like a douche at the club, passed up a few other great deals on tractors, etc., all BC this guy agreed to sell and then vanished. Oh, it was 80% via texting so I can't even leave bad feedback. Oh well, I can at least click the IGNORE button and never have to deal with him again.

Chock this up to (4) people on this forum that have F'd me over in the past 10 years. Better odds than CL, but still.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack, just sharing my 2 cents of my similar experience.

Yep, I have had the pleasure of dealing with one of our douches in the past. Sent the "I'll take it PM" and started working out a meeting time.... silence.... then he tells me someone else offered to buy multiple things and they can meet anytime so he didn't want to sell to me. My final pm to this guy was ugly. Hopefully one day I can tell him in person how truly sorry i think he is.

Back
Top Bottom