• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

why keltecs shouldnt cost more than 300 dollars

Bought an SKS in late 80's-120.00. Are they scarce now? Guns in general have skyrocketed! Saw a .308 742 at gun shop for 579.00(with scope), same one on ODT for 275(without scope). One has to pay attention and make up their mind what they are willing to pay.

Im all about supporting the local guys. Im not a rich man though. If I can save a buck, then I will. I go where the best price is. Heck im sure an all american lil mom and pop store is great. Their prices cost more than at walmart. Where do I go? Walmart. Gotta save money. If I can get a gun on here cheaper than CDNN or my local gun shop then so be it. Same goes the other way around. Supply and demand is something else.

Bought an SKS in late 80's-120.00. Are they scarce now? Guns in general have skyrocketed! Saw a .308 742 at gun shop for 579.00(with scope), same one on ODT for 275(without scope). One has to pay attention and make up their mind what they are willing to pay.
good point

Does CDNN ship for free? Add in the costs for a transfer fee to the price and those "cheap" Kel Tecs end up being just as much as a new one locally.

Does CDNN ship for free? Add in the costs for a transfer fee to the price and those "cheap" Kel Tecs end up being just as much as a new one locally.
cdnn has some ballen shipping rates. besides the new ones, they still cost about the same as ive seen used ones on here go

There are two major problems with your theory.

1. If you can get one at all getting a PMR30 is total luck. 400jl has gotten three of them since they have been released.
2. The CDNN price is a dealer only price they don't sell to just anyone
3. CDNN has a long history of advertising a price and doing a bait and switch when you actually call them to order.
4. The value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it ... you can say this is worth $x but if $y is all the cash someone is willing to pay then that is all that it's worth regardless of what any bluebook value is ... otherwise you decide if it's worth more to you than the money being offered.
5. The value is what the market will bear and if people will pay $1300 for a $700MSRP gun so that they can have one now instead of waiting 6mos to a year to have one then that's how much it's worth.

As a really great example .... here is google shopping listing for the PMR30. There are like 12-15 dealers listing them
and every single one of them shows out of stock. Good luck buying one for $300 or even $400

the answer is they just dont

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-1/index.html

go to page 18 and 19

this is just one of several places you can get them online (im saying this because i have seen a PMR30 listed for like over 550 bucks, i paid 520 for my cz75 brand new)

ohh and these are NEW GUNS not used, not LNIB, but brand spankin new. as in never owned

the same also goes for smith and wesson sigmas and the likes

ive seen some good deals on here, but recently i think the pricing is getting, for lack of a better word, retarded

im not a fan of adventure outdoors either but when i went in there they had some good prices. why the hell would i pay upwards of 250 for a hi point carbine when they got them brand new for 239 (thats right)

maybe ill catch some flak from this post, such as "well the keltecs are hard to find" or some other non-sense like that. it still doesnt justify paying a 75% mark up on a used gun. sorry had to vent

while we are on the subject, its cool if your gun doesnt sell and you keep relisting it, but if it hasnt sold in like 4 months maybe drop the price or maybe be a little more flexible. just sayin

Last edited:
hey guys, just got a LNIB keltec sub 2000 that takes glock 17 mags for 330 :)

if ya wait long enough, your bound to have one come your way

that being said, anyone want a beretta mod 70 in .32? i need to sell it

Back
Top Bottom