• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why sell a used firearm for more than a new one?

An idea - lets invite the poor guy to the get together next weekend. We can all trow in $10 or less and buy the thing, and then we can take turns hitting it with a sledge hammer...or we could take turns shooting to see who it will explode on.

Ill let you take my turn bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzrsoze View Post
An idea - lets invite the poor guy to the get together next weekend. We can all trow in $10 or less and buy the thing, and then we can take turns hitting it with a sledge hammer...or we could take turns shooting to see who it will explode on.

Ill let you take my turn bud!

I think that when my turn comes around I'll still choose to hit it with the sledge.;)

Yeah, that's a tough one. I feel for the guy. I wouldn't shoot it. I've seen a bolt carrier come out of the top of a gun when the rails gave way. The dust cover went straight up luckily. If it were mine, I'd buy a nodak receiver, move everything over and call it a day.

^^Scary! That's a lot of mass headed straight for your eye...

Yeah, that's a tough one. I feel for the guy. I wouldn't shoot it. I've seen a bolt carrier come out of the top of a gun when the rails gave way. The dust cover went straight up luckily. If it were mine, I'd buy a nodak receiver, move everything over and call it a day.

Give me a break man. Quit dogging things "you know nothing about". I put 90 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. For 100 yards the group isn't even bad. Its as solid as any other AK on the market.
View attachment 101601

That's not exactly true. A colt at walmart is the most stripped down colt model and its $1097 (I know because I bought one) and it's also got a hundred dollars worth of tax and 25 minutes of computer driven paperwork.

The total is $1173US for that 1000 colt .... in addition to that every other vendor everywhere sells them for $1300US

And the Bushmaster similarly after tax at walmart is $965US

In addition to that these are the cheapest possible model. Both colt and bushmaster make a dozen models that increase quickly in price after that.

ARs sell at "Walmart" Colts 1029.00 Bushmasters 872.00. Tell me why I should pay 1200 for a used Colt and 1000 for a used Bushmaster. It is "used" price it to sell not get your money back or make a profit. Accessories don't add to the value of the base rifle. Price the accessories seperatley. Base gun price + accessory price. Like adding chrome to a Ford pinto. It is still a used Ford pinto.

That's not exactly true. A colt at walmart is the most stripped down colt model and its $1097 (I know because I bought one) and it's also got a hundred dollars worth of tax and 25 minutes of computer driven paperwork.

The total is $1173US for that 1000 colt .... in addition to that every other vendor everywhere sells them for $1300US

And the Bushmaster similarly after tax at walmart is $965US

In addition to that these are the cheapest possible model. Both colt and bushmaster make a dozen models that increase quickly in price after that.

Still its new for 1173 or 965 vs 1200 or 1000 used. Guns don't get better when fired or with age. Bores erode away, springs wear out, people do stupid things with firearms. They run corrosive cheap ammo and dont clean them properly. All kinds of crap. Rather have new not finger ****ed for that price than used finger ****ed and the same price as new. It doesn't matter that people will sell for what someone is will to pay. But I see no need in making a profit on a weapon after I have used it. Just not alot of honest people running around or as Laxguy says people paid more than something is worth and trying to sell it for the same. Rule of thumb I drop the price of a used Item ten to twenty percent of what I paid.

A virgin is worth two camels the girl on the corner two dollars.

Back
Top Bottom