• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why sell a used firearm for more than a new one?

I understand but a slightly used AR with 700.00 in upgrades is not going to be given away. How about this Captdave sell me your highest end weapon for half price because that's what he is whining about. I'm not here to make money but I'm not giving away my stuff either

I can say "I won't sell my my home for less than $X" but if the homes in my neighborhood are going at auction for $X-35% I am f***ed. If you want to sell now, you have to sell at market but if you can wait, you may get your investment back.

For the record:

I do not believe anyone on this site knowingly traded a dangerous gun.
I do not believe cowboy knowingly deceived anyone before a sale
I do not believe that anyone on this site would put financial gain above safety.

I do believe that the Hesse AK rifles are extremely unsafe.
Like the US built B--west (not the ones marked "made in China") receivers, they were not heat treated and will fail, every one of them.
I would never fire one.

As to the original topic, free market determines price. If someone will pay it, it's worth it. I've paid more for guns that are no longer produced with the knowledge that it was a little high but available, now, close to home, and I had it.

I got a hi-point I'm looking to trade for a Ed Brown if anyone's interested. Straight up, not lookin' to travel far for this kinda deal. :cool:

heres why a lot of guns are selling for more than new.....a lot of guns are getting hard to get. most of the gun makers are running 6months or better behind because of the big spike in sales....so dealers are running out....and some people would rather pay new price for a used gun because he or she dont want to do any paper work.... no paper work goverment dont know you got it.....

Hasselhoss who are you to determine what is acceptable or "safe" for someone to purchase. You have a beef with a name brand you don't go around and dig on everyones weapons they have for sell or buy because of it. It is impolite at minimum. Every weapon at some point in the manufacturing process, testing phase and in general use has had issues with quality. Remington 700s have an issue with their safeties that can get people killed. I don't go around digging on everyones rem 700s. I happen to like remington 700s. Just because a few screw up doesn't mean they all will.

Last edited:
Do you argue with the lady at the dept store over a pair of jeans? How bout the guy at the grocery store for that gallon of gold oops I mean milk? No or maybe yes... all in all it is a matter of what YOUR willing to pay. If I got to the register at convenience store and the lady charged me $10 for my gatoraid on a cold day in Jan I would walk it back to the cooler and put it up for her, now if I had just walked 5 miles on the asphalt carrying my kid on my back in mid July I would slide her the 10 bucks and tell her to have a wonderful day. I have knowingly paid more than usual for items on here and also took a beating on items I had for sale but along the same lines I've picked up deals that I felt bad for not tipping the fella. The moral of my rant is to say this... trying to understand the method to the ODT madness is as useless as tits on a boarhog... If someone wants to take it w/o lube and the end result makes em happy then who does that make anyone to tell them any different...

Now lets talk about less flamboyant issues like politics and religion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom