• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why so many glock haters?

so you are saying its a good thing for G-Lock to be roped in with SCCY and Hi-Point... :heh:

In all seriousness, I don't know of any gun manufacturers that don't stand behind their products.

I had a Ruger P98 that I Sent back because I had shot the barrel out of it... expected a bill and got a thank you instead.

I Sent a Sig back to the factory and got it back with a coupon

Springfield... cracked an upper... replaced

Then you have the argument, "If you buy a quality weapon, you won't need that free warranty"
Never have had to send in the Kimber
:humble:

I've got several hundred rounds of experience with the Glock 17, 19, 21, 26, 27 and 42. I seriously considered getting a Model 34 for a competition gun to start doing steel plate matches, IDPA, and LEO qualification shoots.

But after handling several other models, I found that the ergonomics of three other guns was better.
Springfield's XD9 series,
Ruger's SR9 (and, similarly, the new "Ruger American Pistol" ),
Smith & Wesson's full sized M&P pistol.

Each of those fit my hand better, and also had a better trigger pull (although I know it's easy to reduce the weight and smooth out a Glock trigger with aftermarket internal parts).

I BOUGHT A SPRINGFIELD XD9 Tactical for my full-sized defense and action pistol game gun.

Never owned a Glock. Have shot several but I do own a M&P 9mm full size along with several other handguns and it would take a lot to get my to give it up for another EDC gun.

I think the dislike comes from all the Glock fan boys that swear that it's the best firearm in the world and nothing else compares.
I rank these folks right down there with Vegans, Gluten Free-ers and Crossfit crazies....they will all tell you why their way is better than yours even before you think to ask.

Back
Top Bottom