• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why so many glock haters?

so you are saying its a good thing for G-Lock to be roped in with SCCY and Hi-Point... :heh:

In all seriousness, I don't know of any gun manufacturers that don't stand behind their products.

I had a Ruger P98 that I Sent back because I had shot the barrel out of it... expected a bill and got a thank you instead.

I Sent a Sig back to the factory and got it back with a coupon

Springfield... cracked an upper... replaced

Then you have the argument, "If you buy a quality weapon, you won't need that free warranty"
Never have had to send in the Kimber
:humble:
Never had to send a Glock back but if you shoot it 200,000 times and wear a part out you can just take it back to Glock. They will replace the part and hand it back to you. That's what you don't get with these other manufactures.

I've got several hundred rounds of experience with the Glock 17, 19, 21, 26, 27 and 42. I seriously considered getting a Model 34 for a competition gun to start doing steel plate matches, IDPA, and LEO qualification shoots.

But after handling several other models, I found that the ergonomics of three other guns was better.
Springfield's XD9 series,
Ruger's SR9 (and, similarly, the new "Ruger American Pistol" ),
Smith & Wesson's full sized M&P pistol.

Each of those fit my hand better, and also had a better trigger pull (although I know it's easy to reduce the weight and smooth out a Glock trigger with aftermarket internal parts).

I BOUGHT A SPRINGFIELD XD9 Tactical for my full-sized defense and action pistol game gun.
Texas DPS Ditches S&W M&P Handguns Over Reliability ...
www.thetruthaboutguns.com/.../texas-dps-ditches-sw-mp-handguns-relia...
Apr 11, 2014 - Everyone who has held an M&P loves the refined look and feel of the gun, and it has earned a reputation in reliability. It had issues, S&W fixed ...

Glocks are great...for what they are. Average guns with average accuracy. Fairly dependable (not perfect). Great marketing for the product but I don't know anyone whose life was saved by marketing...

Yes I own a glock but I rarely shoot it because I have pistols that are more accurate and more fun to shoot....

Why am I even posting in this thread???

Never had to send a Glock back but if you shoot it 200,000 times and wear a part out you can just take it back to Glock. They will replace the part and hand it back to you. That's what you don't get with these other manufactures.
But but Sigs never need parts replaced!!! - Sig owners that shoots twice a year

Glocks are great...for what they are. Average guns with average accuracy. Fairly dependable (not perfect). Great marketing for the product but I don't know anyone whose life was saved by marketing...

Yes I own a glock but I rarely shoot it because I have pistols that are more accurate and more fun to shoot....

Why am I even posting in this thread???
Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom