• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why so many glock haters?

I remember the first Glock I saw in a gun store in Chattanooga years ago, it was a model 17 and I know it sat there at least two years and was price a a little over $200 new in box. This was when they first showed up in the USA.
If it were not for the fact that many police depts use them I doubt they would be so popular. Glock at the start was nearly giving them to police depts.

The Sigs and the Beretta 92 ss Italian I have cost me less than most posted prices of the Glocks on the net.

But that is why there are different brand and styles, to each his own.

I personally dont like them because they are butt ugly and the lack of a manual safety, but ill admit that they shoot good and seem to be reliable, id like to own one in 10mm or a glock 18

I'll admit that I didn't care for Glocks when they first came out. In my time in the military I used 1911s and Beretta 92s so I was used to a manual safety but after buying and carrying an M&P the lack of an external safety isn't an issue anymore.
As far as aesthetics...if you ever meet me you'll see it's obvious that I put function before fashion so the fact that a Glock isn't as visually pleasing as some pistols doesn't bother me.
I appreciate Glocks for what they are and what they are designed to do.

Best shootin' "14 year old" this side of the old Mississippi River... I believe that's a more familiar venacular for you
"wolf" (lobo, small lesson from the Mexican boarder free of charge). I fail to see how my geographical location changes my opinion of plastic vs metal? (It must be my ignorant & feeble mind from commiefornia) ... I'm not offended, I am actually kinda unimpressed with the lack of intellectual jokes toward my view point. Anywho, I owned a glock...and couldn't wait to sell it.

To give you a small lesson, free of charge, the only time I ever hear that expression is on old western movies, and from people who think the movies way way over exaggerated portrayance of how things really are here in the South. Guess you fit that bill too.

I remember the first Glock I saw in a gun store in Chattanooga years ago, it was a model 17 and I know it sat there at least two years and was price a a little over $200 new in box. This was when they first showed up in the USA.
If it were not for the fact that many police depts use them I doubt they would be so popular. Glock at the start was nearly giving them to police depts.

The Sigs and the Beretta 92 ss Italian I have cost me less than most posted prices of the Glocks on the net.

But that is why there are different brand and styles, to each his own.
heck yeah that's what I'm talking about...maybe everybody is a popo wanta be...you sir just hit it on the head

Back
Top Bottom