• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women fighters.

Man, am I about to sound like a liberal.
It's not about "our" shifting definition. It's about men's shifting definition. I'm quite sure that the only reason we did not see this long ago is because of male dominance over what was acceptable for a woman to do. There have always been women that are tough as nails and love to fight. Even straight ones. LOL!
You know I'm all about individual freedom. If women can do this and make a living at it now, good for them. And yes, I like strong women, both mentally and physically. I think they compliment the strong man at their side.
At least you acknowledge it. Step one... :)
Sorry, I'm just old fashioned. I admit it. Frontier women were tough as nails. They were still ladies and I'm certain men would have not paid to watch them knock each other out for 'sport'. I agree though, it's on men, not women. Men have made it acceptable. I don't view today's "men" (hipsters? Seriously?) as the bastion of wise decision making. But you are right, our expectations have certainly 'evolved'. We have an effeminate male as president and will likely have a masculine female next. I believe it's called "progress". :yuck:

IDK I like strong, physically in shape women.
The idea that they could kick some ass turns me on some. However attitude is everything.

If they are arrogant and look down on people they become revolting in my eyes.

Sorry, I'm just old fashioned. I admit it. Frontier women were tough as nails. They were still ladies and I'm certain men would have not paid to watch them knock each other out for 'sport'. I agree though, it's on men, not women. Men have made it acceptable. I don't view today's "men" (hipsters? Seriously?) as the bastion of wise decision making. But you are right, our expectations have certainly 'evolved'. We have an effeminate male as president and will likely have a masculine female next. I believe it's called "progress". :yuck:
Hah! I doubt you will find many "hipsters" at a MMA fight. Just sayin...

Sooo, you think acceptance of strong women means effeminate men? Interesting phycology there. Have you spoken with anyone about your insecurities? :boink:

I've always felt that strong women require even stronger men. Think Sparta.

"Other exercise for Spartan women included running, wrestling, throwing the discus and javelin, and "trials of strength".

But hey, you know those Spartan men were such silly little things, right?

Last edited:
Sooo, you think acceptance of strong women means effeminate men? Interesting phycology there. Have you spoken with anyone about your insecurities? :boink:

I've always felt that strong women require even stronger men. Think Sparta.

"Other exercise for Spartan women included running, wrestling, throwing the discus and javelin, and "trials of strength".

But hey, you know those Spartan men were such silly little things, right?
Please. :rolleyes: I've specifically said, and you know, I have NO problem with 'strong' women or women being able to defend themselves. Women in blood sports as a 'entertainment' (and predominately for 'men') is hardly the same thing. I get you like it. That's great. There's a thriving industry that shares your sense of entertainment. My post was a comment on changing social norms.

Please. :rolleyes: I've specifically said, and you know, I have NO problem with 'strong' women or women being able to defend themselves. Women in blood sports as a 'entertainment' (and predominately for 'men') is hardly the same thing. I get you like it. That's great. There's a thriving industry that shares your sense of entertainment. My post was a comment on changing social norms.

I don't think it's widely popular. I think Rousey made it popular just because she was so dominant. People like to see those that can dominate because they're unique. When she won it was usually not by bloodying her opponent, it was thru submission. Rousey got destroyed, so I suspect women's MMA will not be as prominent going forward, after the rematch of course.

Back
Top Bottom