Working overtime

i do 12 hours every day right now. i honestly believe that any ovettime worked should be tax free for both the company and the employee

we work more than the average american, why the hell are we paying more based on a ****ed up bracketing system. uncle sam and its dependents can kiss my hard working chapped sun deprived pasty ass

So I have worked everyday since February 21st. I work tomorrow and Saturday as well. I know there's got to be a few of you that have me beat.

I work overtime quite a bit, usually just an extra 8 hour day. Here lately we’ve gotten really busy at work and we are pulling 12’s five days a week. How the **** do you “regulars” do it??! I’ve always valued my time more than money and have never been one to volunteer for overtime. After working 12’s, I don’t see how anybody does it. Wore slap out!
If you value your life like you said why do you do it ....tell the truth.:)

Husband of a secretary had to work 3 16's then 2 more at a sawmill.
They broke his week in the middle of the 3rd shift so they didn't have to pay him overtime.

About killed him.

I knew a guy back in the 1970s who worked 2 full jobs for years. He worked "days" at the Pabst Brewery in Peoria Heights, IL, then drove cross town and worked "afternoons" at Keystone Steel and Wire. He had gobs of money because he never had any time to spend any of it. Full benefits from both jobs too. He did this for about 15-20 years.
back in those days your effort was worth something

Back
Top Bottom