• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Working overtime

may i ask what it is you do? then i can talyor my advise from there, I work in the commercial medical HVAC trade that requires some effort to work around customers schedule and severity of problems with HVAC. surgery center goes down we have to get it working how ever long it takes sometimes. The extra scratch affords the toys with no use of the plastic.. Success sometimes takes what ever it takes,but some need extra time for R&R. we have are slower times in spring/fall but never know when things go wrong.

I work for Little Debbie, i don’t have anything to do with the actual production of the cakes. It’s a pretty labor intensive job though.

I work for Little Debbie, i don’t have anything to do with the actual production of the cakes. It’s a pretty labor intensive job though.
Sweeet..but as any supply/demand factories go...good times lots of production, slow economy, people will be fighting to get 40..take a day.. bank the money for those slow times. I got two days off last month..

Salary doesn’t mean you are not able to make overtime.
There’s two types of salaried employee, exempt and non exempt.

One can accrue overtime, the other cannot, however it also doesn’t mean you are required to work more than 40hr without compensation.
Of course, but I'm guessing (perhaps incorrectly) everyone knows I meant exempt. Since graduating college 417 years ago, I have always been an exempt employee. Now for the first time in my life I'm working a contract position that is technically hourly, but no OT allowed. That's fine, 40 hours.... c-ya. I've never been able to do that in my life.

I work overtime quite a bit, usually just an extra 8 hour day. Here lately we’ve gotten really busy at work and we are pulling 12’s five days a week. How the **** do you “regulars” do it??! I’ve always valued my time more than money and have never been one to volunteer for overtime. After working 12’s, I don’t see how anybody does it. Wore slap out!
12? Good start...

I really don’t know how I ended up here since I’m from PA but I like this forum so I stay. Up here 60-80 hour weeks are pretty normal for jobs. At my work particularly Some guys are clocking 100 hours in a week. I’m happy at 60-70 hours. At a normal rate of 36 an hour, overtime and holidays pay very very well though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude. Move down here to America.

OT is a young mans game.Most folks arent productive after 5 or 6 anyway just pushing stuff through the system.We use to work 6 to 2:30 after lunch nothing was much accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom