• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would You Die For Your Kids? - Please, Don't!!

My middle child has started commenting on my weight. It sucked to hear at first and I was mad and angry when I heard it, but he's right. He is the same age I was when my dad died of a heart attack. He had a lot of weight around his midsection much like I do. So, instead of getting depressed about it, I decided to take some steps to get it under control. I have my first doctor's appt next week. I haven't seen a doctor for a physical in probably 10 years, so that should be enlightening. I joined a gym today and had my first workout, and I haven't had an energy or carbonated drink in 3 days now.
Hey man I was in your boat 5 years ago, 205 at 5’7” fat little ****er I was. I dropped 50 pounds by changing my life style and nothing more. Diets are for *******, a life style change is what you need. If you need any advise please hit me up I will be more than glad to help you any way I can!! Good luck

When you put your heart into something you can get it done. I was never overweight, but I was a slug when it came to exercising. Now I get up super early and get in a workout and/or run 4-5 times each week. 1-2 times a week I get in two a day. Gotta figure out what motivates you. Workout/run to the point where it feels good and you’ll keep going back. Overdoing it makes you hate it and you won’t want to continue. I keep my workouts short (30 min) and fairly intense using body weight and not much over 100lb extra. Target keeping that heart rate up. As for running I’ve been known to do a 10K for fun haha That definitely takes some building up to. Don’t cut yourself any breaks and when that voice in you head tells you that you deserve a break you tell that b***h to piss off and keep getting after it.

Diet? Pshhh…ain’t no diet. Some coffee, lots of water, and sweet stuff stays at a minimum. Otherwise I stay away from **** fast food and make sure I don’t eat too much other garbage greasy fatty stuff. As stated before, it’s a lifestyle change through and through. Good luck to you!
My middle child has started commenting on my weight. It sucked to hear at first and I was mad and angry when I heard it, but he's right. He is the same age I was when my dad died of a heart attack. He had a lot of weight around his midsection much like I do. So, instead of getting depressed about it, I decided to take some steps to get it under control. I have my first doctor's appt next week. I haven't seen a doctor for a physical in probably 10 years, so that should be enlightening. I joined a gym today and had my first workout, and I haven't had an energy or carbonated drink in 3 days now.

I would like to share a great book that should be read. I found it very enlightening.

You keep fkn moving in that direction. It will be hard to break the years of ‘nots’. But know that the kids are watching and learning everyday. You can do this and also do this for yourself. There is better years ahead. Just. Don’t. Stop.

The saying should be Live for your Kids..teach them how to take care of themselves and have self confidence. Be the example. Make healthy choices and know to do it because it feels good. There is def a fight between good and evil and the rewards for each feel the same, although the worse choices tick off years a lot faster. In the age of convenience, learn teach the difference between the quick and easy and the rewarding work and discipline. There is a reason cancer, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease is rampant in America, it’s the stay at home attitude, eat 99c **** and watch tv. It’s to make weak men and weak women that depend on them. It’s ok to suffer from time to time and I don’t mean agony I mean to sweat, and be sore and own heavy lessons and test yourself to be better every day. Maybe don’t eat fast food twice in one day because-convenience- maybe suffer and go home and cook something green and include your family in it and make a mess and laugh and be together. We are, as Americans, so caught up in the go go work-have-die lifestyle. Just slow down and be better, do better. This just comes from my experience of growing a family and trying so hard to have the trucks, suvs, houses and all the debt. It’s not everyone’s game but it’s easy to get lost in. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread here, and kind of rant…but just look at what matters-and start there. For the OP- S superprime good for you! And keep us informed on your progress. That..is the good stuff.

That's real retarded sir.

No one means they want to just roll over and die in the name of their kids. It's a mentality of self sacrifice being ready to face certain death at any moment to protect them.

Well of course any good parent has this frame of mind. It’s just a bonus to teach them and not just harbor them.

Back
Top Bottom